Steering Column

Big B i200

Need a replacement Steering column, not sure I am keen on repairing.

Must have no play.

Thanks for any help.

It is the column you want, and not the rack, just checking, as I have a column, but haven't got a rack.

Julian, I believe it is the column as there is play at the steering wheel, like a kind of rattly feel, its been like that for years but the MOT fail sheet said excessive play in steering column, its the same garage I go to with all my cars but they say testers are tightening up. I am going to get a better look at the weekend, I have been given a few options, Mantadoc reckons it is related to nylon inserts which allow the column to collapse if I am reading his comments right in the Tech section.

If you are willing to part can you give me first shout if I need it ?

Julian, I believe it is the column as there is play at the steering wheel, like a kind of rattly feel, its been like that for years but the MOT fail sheet said excessive play in steering column, its the same garage I go to with all my cars but they say testers are tightening up. I am going to get a better look at the weekend, I have been given a few options, Mantadoc reckons it is related to nylon inserts which allow the column to collapse if I am reading his comments right in the Tech section.

If you are willing to part can you give me first shout if I need it ?

I will do that M8

• 2 weeks later...

Julian, looks like I dont need to replace the column, got a new bearing and hope that does the job. Thanks for your offer. Appreciated. :thumbup

Good news there, glad to hear that you got fixed up :thumbup