Just A Wee Hello,

Hi folk, just thought i would drop in & say hi to you all. I live in the southern tip of Derbyshire & definatley a griffin-o-holic!!biggrin.gif

some folk may know me from other forums i frequentthumbsup.gif

I don't own a Manta, unfortunatley, but i have a few Vaux's on my drive.

The one i usually go to shows in, is a mk1 Astra, celebrity, but i have 6 others to knock about in.

The latest addition, being a mk2 Carlton 1.8, 1984 1.8 auto.

Be nice to have a browse round here, & chill out for a bit..

Pictures? hmm, I have a couple i can dig out, just the old ones for now,,smile.gif

The carlton, this one shares the same engine as the Manta.biggrin.gif

P2140408.jpg

Here the Astra, affectionately known as the Mysteron,, most folk don't know what it is & think its a Nova, till they see the badge on the boot..ohmy.gif

IMG_0040.jpg

My Cally, this is undergoing some work, will be back as my daily sometime soon.

DSCF1580.jpg

hi mitch and welcome....... nice cars you have there thumbsup.gif

Thanks mate, tis because of the Carlton, why i am popping my head over here, as it has the same engine as the 1800 manta?thumbsup.gif

Btw, I meant to mention it was me that won the tyre hurling comp, you guys did at billing last year!!biggrin.gif

Edited by mitch1965

Only talking about the Astra Celebrity today to my brother, spooky :blink: There has been one parked up in the next town to me for the last few weeks but it's gone now. I had the model previous to that one, the EXP, in brown and gold. Drove it every day for twelve years and it always got me home. The only car I've never had to walk away from after a breakdown.

Ahh the Exp, these are rare birds now too.. I know of one being done up atm.cool.gif

This celeb you have seen, where was it? I know of a couple, about.

The engines in these are virually bullet proff in know thatsmile.gif

It is/was in Bideford, North Devon. It's on a Y plate but I thought they were all on a A plate? The engines did last well. Mine kept it's original engine throughout it's life.

I used the alternator from this car in my mk3 Astra last year for a while until I cobbled together another one :lol:

I've dug out a picture of mine. Sorry crap photo quality and I've had to Photoshop two photos together to make one photo. This is from 1988. The red Vauxhall just poking it's back end in was my dad's Viceroy, just before he sold it to buy his Manta (the one I have now).

Astraresized.jpg

Yours must have been the first of the bunch then, being a Y plate, always good to see other folks Mk1 Astra's. As above, i am a griffin nut through & through.tongue.gif

The viceroy, a cool motor & another rare machine now..thumbsup.gif

On another note, i have set my e-mail notices to come instant, yet i'm not getting them??ohmy.gif

I'll have a dig on Mkoc & see if anyone knows of the exp..

Awe gid welcome tae yae,somwan nick yur jacking point cover on yur calli ;) mines drapped aff mi V6 once und I drove back ower route 20+ mile und fund thi wee fecker lucky or whit :)

Bonny motors yae hiv anawe.

Rab.

welcome aboard, i seem to know the name from the VODC, you will see a few familiar names over here thumbsup.gif

nice motors you have there by the way.

Hi mate, yeah i do get around a bit, lol, I do recognize your name from Vodc, also a few others too.cool.gif

Awe gid welcome tae yae,somwan nick yur jacking point cover on yur calli wink.gif mines drapped aff mi V6 once und I drove back ower route 20+ mile und fund thi wee fecker lucky or whit smile.gif

Bonny motors yae hiv anawe.

Rab.

Yeah someone did nick it, but have another set since, this pic was took..biggrin.gif

Anyways, I am off to Scotland on friday morning, so if anyone spots me in the Astra above, give us a hoot..thumbsup.gif