Manta A

rayman

Hi just a quick update ,made the decision to go ahead and have a go at painting it myself. After a bit of a mess with the primer and having to sand it off due to no thinners in it decided to read the instructions for the top coat.My mate came down about 7pm and the masking began,9pm brought on a dose of hunger which was sorted with a chinese and a can of strongbow.Painted then started at about 10pm and finished about 3.30 am with 8 coats and 7ltr of mixed up paint on the car,floor and hair.Been back down today and apart from several lumps of dust on it looks nice and shiny so with a flat and polish should be a good result for a first attempt

Many thanks to Andy for finding me space to dump the MG in and Kev for all his help

PS sorry Danny for missing the house warming but didnt know it would take so long to throw paint on

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

I'd recon that doing your own paintwork will be quite rewarding, I'll try it myself sometime......one day.....maybe!

Car looking good :thumbup

More pics required as the bits go back on :)

John.

I would totally agree with that! I have painted my own car(s) before, and it's nah easy. I reckon you've done a braw job there.

'pats Rayman' on the back :thumbup

Nice work mate :thumbup

My paint sticks to everything and it looks like it has :lol:

Looks top, colour sand with 2000 and then borrow my da mop and use farecla G3 and it will be indistinguishable from a 2 grand paint job

Any one recently seen wheeler dealers? 4 grand to paint a chuffin van :lol: er, seen you coming mate :o

Edited by Kevin Abbott

• 2 weeks later...

Took a couple of days off work to try and rebuild as Billing not too far off and the classic car show at houghton tower only 4 week off.Hopefully will get roof on and windows in this weekend .Just a few shots of ongoing progress :D

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Looking forward to finishing work so i can get the rest of bits on ....but why can you never find the same screw you took out :thumbup

Looking at the pictures it looks bright white not english white and the number plates need changing for black and silver if i can get away with it :D