My Centaur

rallycinq

Here I am back again, still with my Centaur.

Nothing has changed recently, it even passed its MOT this year with only an advisory for the start of corrosion on a brake pipe.

So why am I posting in here?

Last December I obtained a crusty GTE hatch, and since then I have aquired a Coupe tank and a very good 2.4.

I was supposed to strip the hatch during the Christmas shutdown, but wasn't able to get the car anywhere near the workshop. Something to do with a foot of frozen snow!

The better weather has arrived so I am enjoying driving the car, always with the roof down as long as its not actually raining, but I am still working away in the background preparing all the parts for the swap.

Latest is the 2.4 head away at the machine shop for checking, small skim and setting up, and they are also tapping the 2.4 thermostat housing for the injection temp sender.(I didn't have a tap that size)

Next on the list is to get the 5spd out of the GTE and probably put that straight in first, including welding the 5 spd turret in. That should be easy enough!!

Cheers

D

Edited by rallycinq

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to ask why you cutting the tunnel to put a 5 speed conversion in ?

when a 5 speed can be fitted without cutting the tunnel....... :blink:

Tell me more, I am all ears (or in this case eyes)You suggested you'd do a wrtite up, but the search function reveals nothing that I can find.

TIA

Cheers

D

Edited by rallycinq

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll second what Robbie says. I'm dying to see some pictures. ;)

I'll get some more after the break.

So, off to marshall at a well known motorsport garden paty next week, not taking the Manta.

Its going to a friends for the 5 spd conversion, and the spare interior is away for a refurb.

Cheers

D

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the instrument binnacle has been re-upholstered.

Are you going to build the rest of the car from there now ? :lol: I'm looking forward to more pictures though ;)

Not just the binnacle, the whole dash now smells fantastic. The seats arrive tomorrow. More pictures soon, promise.

Cheers

D

Not just the binnacle, the whole dash now smells fantastic. The seats arrive tomorrow. More pictures soon, promise.

Cheers

D

I should have noticed that :rolleyes: , the speaker holes have gone. Nice job.

Woo Hoo ! Pictures at last :D

It's looking great David. I really like the seats - nice job. :thumbup

Keep the pictures coming.

Seeing as you asked so nicely

HPIM1644.jpg

Also the 5 spd box is now fitted, makes a nice difference. Next up, fit the 3.44 back axle with discs.

Cheers

D

• 4 weeks later...