Wheel Offsets

1900SR

I'm looking for a set of Minilite style alloys, and Ive seen some 6x13" with an offset of et23. I know the standard steels are 5.5x13 et37, and the ATS are 6x13 et30. So the question is do we think the et23 will be OK?

I'm looking for a set of Minilite style alloys, and Ive seen some 6x13" with an offset of et23. I know the standard steels are 5.5x13 et37, and the ATS are 6x13 et30. So the question is do we think the et23 will be OK?

Hi, i think that gonna be ok but depends on the size of the tire. big tyres can touch the fenders when you turn.

I have a friend that he large the rostyle to 8'' but don't change the et, and put 205 tyres and don't touch

heres 2 sites that may help your choice:-

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

http://www.etyres.co.uk/

i fitted 15" ET25 to my a series with no problems at all!

you only need to worry about tyre size if changing wheel diameter and want to keep close to original overall diameter for speedo reading / gearing issues. 2nd site i listed help here.

based on the ats wheel thats your et23 moves wheel out another 7mm

Edited by upk

6" and ET 23 will fit ok without inner arch contact, though 13" and 70 wall profile wont handle well, to much wall flex.

15" on a 50 profile works well , 15X7 with ET 25 will suit perfectly as UPK said and I fitted to all my A series, leaves plenty of travel up to the A series inner curve for those nasty potholes. Should be old hat tech stuff to you Steve :)

Edited by Robbie

6" and ET 23 will fit ok without inner arch contact, though 13" and 70 wall profile wont handle well, to much wall flex.

15" on a 50 profile works well , 15X7 with ET 25 will suit perfectly as UPK said and I fitted to all my A series, leaves plenty of travel up to the A series inner curve for those nasty potholes. Should be old hat tech stuff to you Steve :)

I'm planning to stick with 185/70 13 as that's the original tyre size. I'm trying to keep it period. Never messed around with different wheels etc (not original is it lol) so wasn't sure. I wanted to double check there'd be no adverse effects from changing the offset so much.

Thanks for all the help.

I'm planning to stick with 185/70 13 as that's the original tyre size. I'm trying to keep it period. Never messed around with different wheels etc (not original is it lol) so wasn't sure. I wanted to double check there'd be no adverse effects from changing the offset so much.

Thanks for all the help.

No probs Steve, once you start to come out with larger ET's and get closer to the arch tyre make and size can make a difference. Large wall tyres tend to have more of a buldge on them, they can get even closer to the arch, Seen 15" minilites on a few A series even though not original they do look well and as you say they are a period type rim like ally cats, revos etc.

• 8 months later...

Hello

I have a problem too, I've got my eye on a set of alloys but not sure if they will fit my A series (i've been disappointed in the past)

I'm looking to replace the original wheels with 7inch rims (still x13inch) but wondering what size tyre would suit? 205 60 13 or could I stick with the existing 185 70 13 (this would save me the cost of having to purchase a set of tyres)

Ideally the new wheels should fill up right to the lip but I am concerned about rubbing on the edge or when steering

anyone with some advice please?

thanks