Vauxhall Signum (Not Now Required) Vehicle Purchased.

Quarter-Life-Crisis

Looking for a Vauxhall/Opel Signum. less than 70,000 miles must be 1.9cdti 150bhp model (as denoted by the red "ti" in CDti) up to £6500. Just thought if someone noticed one in the garage on the forecourt for sale down the road from them they'd be good enough to let me know.

Im already looking in the national advertisers, Ebay, autotrader, etc.

Now bought a Vectra, thanks for the tips everyone. Signum no longer required.

Edited by Quarter-Life-Crisis

Looking for a Vauxhall/Opel Signum. less than 70,000 miles must be 1.9cdti 150bhp model (as denoted by the red "ti" in CDti) up to £6500. Just thought if someone noticed one in the garage on the forecourt for sale down the road from me they'd be good enough to let me know.

This any good, cheap and you could use the rest of your budget to sort it out.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-VAUXHALL-SIGNUM-DESIGN-CDTI-150-BLACK-NO-SWAP-/200477888603?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2ead69d05b

Thanks for the tip.

Id considered it, but the miles are just too high for the money "her indoors" wants to spend.

I can see a new engine being required for that one in the not to distant future and whoever does the work it'll be a 2 grand job.

Signums are a car that was bought by people that did rocketship miles or next to no miles.

Keeping a very keen eye on ebay, motors, pistonheads, autotrader, exchange and mart.

I think the car i want will be privately for sale by its original owner. Its out there somewhere, just not advertised nationally.

be wary of the 1.9cdti I have that engine in my Zafira and at 44k its looking to be in need of

its 3rd DPF which at £1200 a throw is not funny :angry::angry: plus Vauxhall have a 6 week

wait for the parts

The 120 engine is 8v and the 150 engine is 16v

Although early astra H (and only astra H) 120 engines are 16v and can be re-mapped to 150 or even to 170.

A 16v 1.9cdti engine has the oil filler cap on the n/s of the engine cover and the 8v has it on the o/s.

I tend to pick up this sort of nerd info when researching things!

With Signums being ultra rare, we (she) have bought a 1.9cdti vectra design. 2005 55 reg. New shape, Half leather seats 61,000 miles black, lady owner £4K.

Im just pleased she didn't spent £6500 on a car!!!

The guy we bought it off had a Monaro for sale £13k really really nice, and at £13k it sold instantly!

I have a 1.9 cdti 150 design, 2007 60k, superb motor, it's the 4th Vekky I have had.

next year when it's time to change I will have to have a big think about either a Beemer 3 series or a new Insignia thing.

You should get good service from the Vectra Design, I have done about 150k without a hint of trouble from them.

black metallic signum 1.9 cdti 150 "6spd" elite

2005 55 newer shape 76000 miles with nav black leather

£5999

We would have probably been to see that had we not now bought a Vectra,

Typical! cannot find a suitable car and then you buy one and loads turn up.

Many thanks for the tip Steve, greatly appreciated.