Gsi For Restoration Or Spares

85GSi

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a black 1985 Manta GSi for restoration, all original, 120k on the clock.

The good bits;

Complete car

Present owner (me) since 1994, most of old MOTs and log book (old and new version) included

Rare model (RHD)

Totally original apart from Spax suspension (fitted about 12 years ago)

Interior and alloys good

The bad bits;

Has been standing for 6 years outside, hence body work very rough

Doors, inner wings and bonnet OK but needs wings, sills, tailgate, major welding to floors and other important parts

Had immobiliser fitted which malfunctioned hence car does not start

Sunroof model with associated rust bubbles

I ran this car as my everyday transport from 1994 until 6 years ago, when I decided it was too old for regular commuting. Unlike the Rover 25 that replaced it as my daily transport, it only broke down once in 10 years, and that was due to an air sensor that needed cleaning out. The intention was to restore the car and run it as a classic car, but realistically, I don't think that will happen as I just don't have the skills or the facilities to do it. If any of you folks would like to take it on, I'm open to offers, but it's a bit of an urgent case as I now live in York and I now have nowhere permanent to store the car. Car currently located in Dudley but may have to go to breakers if no interest, and I would much prefer it to go to a good home.