Engine Theft In Sussex

Roy

Hi, just a warning out there to keep an eye on your unsecured spares.

Yesterday I came home to find some thieving B@*@@@@@ has lifted my spare 45k 2.0s engine

(with new Weber Carb)off the pallet it was sitting on up the side of my house and taken it.

Oh and no one saw a thing...

Its probably gone for scrap so I hope it falls on their toes.

Hove, Sussex - Beware

Hi, just a warning out there to keep an eye on your unsecured spares.

Yesterday I came home to find some thieving B@*@@@@@ has lifted my spare 45k 2.0s engine

(with new Weber Carb)off the pallet it was sitting on up the side of my house and taken it.

Oh and no one saw a thing...

Its probably gone for scrap so I hope it falls on their toes.

Hove, Sussex - Beware

Hi Roy, am so very sorry to hear about your loss. I have had things go missing and yeah no one saw anything. If I catch anyone I ain't calling the cops, I will be locking them up in my basement for a few months lol laugh.gif

Pretty sure 99% it'll be scrap metal men. the cost of scrap has rocketed again. basically if you saw anything metal as being made of bright gleeming gold that'll give you some idea as to what these blokes see normal metal as.

May be worth your while ringing the scrap yards and telling them what it is and its been stolen and the police have been informed and are looking for the blokes who took it. Or ringing them and ask them to look out for it for a reward.

Sorry to hear about your loss :( Timely reminder for me too cover up wheels and stick the padlock back on the shed. I would try the main metal merchant first (weight bridge)!.

[edit] I would pay the first one a sharp visit tomorrow morning :angry:

Edited by keith1200

It turns out another neighbour saw the van leaving my drive, he must have disturbed them which is why my 50ltr compressor was moved but not taken. I supplied the reg no to the police but have yet to hear anything back. I know the engine will be the size of a rubics cube by now but I want their collars felt! Apparently the van went past again yesterday.... If I see 'em :angry:

I cannot say for sure of course, but i bet the Police PNC'd the van and it came back to a traveller, hence no action will be taken.

Id suggest wiring the compressor up to 240v, but that would be illegal and wrong!

Went to a farm once and the foreman was ranting at the police after 200 gallons of diesel had gone in the night. All captured on CCTV. He was saying the usual - "if they come back and i catch them i'll blow them away with a shotgun, nobody will miss them" The response from the copper was "if you think you can really get away with it" Took him back a bit for sure!

I had a similar thing happen last week,i had taken a alloy of my zafira as it was getting low on tread and relaced it with my spare.I then popped to pick the missis up from work.Within a space of 20 mins or so scum baggs in a tranny had been on my drive and nicked it, as well as been in the garden removed a spare battery and two exclusive bleedin alloys.I had i witness but they did not take the reg of the van. As normal it was reported but not holding my breath.Seems to be happening a lot lately.