Removing / Refitting Fuel Tank Outlet Plate

moodoo

Folks,

I want to check my (Manta A) fuel tank for crud.

Best way I can see is to remove the plate that the outlet is attached to, it looks like it just comes off with 5 screws.

Don't know if thats the right name for it, but you can see in the picture below.

fuel_outlet_plate.jpg

Is it that simple? Also, what type of gasket/sealeant do I need to use to put it all back together when I'm done to make sure it seals again properly?

Thanks,

F

Yep just the bolts hold it on but after all these years you might need to give it a hand to let go.

Make sure the bolts are good and will go again and you will need a new gasket. I've got the gaskets in stock so give us a PM and i'll dig one out for you

Cheers

Andy

Folks,

I want to check my (Manta A) fuel tank for crud.

Best way I can see is to remove the plate that the outlet is attached to, it looks like it just comes off with 5 screws.

Don't know if thats the right name for it, but you can see in the picture below.

fuel_outlet_plate.jpg

Is it that simple? Also, what type of gasket/sealeant do I need to use to put it all back together when I'm done to make sure it seals again properly?

Thanks,

F

Hi Mate,

The plate at the back is called the sender unit, be very carefull with your tank once removed because the slightest little knock can cause a leak.

Good luck, Ray.

Thanks Ray. I was hoping to do this without taking the tank out....is this possible, or am I better taking it out?

I bought a gasket (Thanks Andy) for it, but wondering if I need to use any additional sealer when putting it back together?

Thanks,

F