Brakes And Shocks For Manta B

xecoupe

Hello all, I am wanting to put new shocks on my B coupe and not sure what to ask for, some say Spax or Bilstein. I have been to a few places and they look at me blankly blink.gif saying that manta is not coming up on the screen. so aside from make of shock absorber what make/ model will fit my manta and what to ask for.

also I want to upgrade my brakes to all round discs as stopping power is non existent, can anyone point me in the right direction please. thank you very much.

Any good factor should be able to sort the shocks for you. As for thr brakes if they are not pulling a standard car up then putting discs on the back won't help.

The two cars i've have got both have rear drums and wheb set up correctly perform jsu as good as discs.

I'd be looking at makeing sure the rest of the system is fully up to scratch before fitting rear discs. First thing to check would the front calipers and make sure all the sliders are free as these are a major problem.

Cheers

Andy

Any good factor should be able to sort the shocks for you. As for thr brakes if they are not pulling a standard car up then putting discs on the back won't help.

The two cars i've have got both have rear drums and wheb set up correctly perform jsu as good as discs.

I'd be looking at makeing sure the rest of the system is fully up to scratch before fitting rear discs. First thing to check would the front calipers and make sure all the sliders are free as these are a major problem.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy, good advice. will check the complete brake system and see what happens, I do not think the drums have been looked at for a while and maybe need some TLC thumbsup.gif cheers Adie

Hello all, I am wanting to put new shocks on my B coupe and not sure what to ask for, some say Spax or Bilstein. I have been to a few places and they look at me blankly blink.gif saying that manta is not coming up on the screen. so aside from make of shock absorber what make/ model will fit my manta and what to ask for.

also I want to upgrade my brakes to all round discs as stopping power is non existent, can anyone point me in the right direction please. thank you very much.

Hello,

In this site you can see the various options to your manta B shocks

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/

good luck

Do I take it you are putting 5 stud on 7the front and 4 stud on the rear.....or vice versa !!????

2 cars mate, one 5 stud all round and mega brakes cosworth engine, one 4 stud and cosworth discs, cally t calipers LET engine:thumbup