Opel Manta Turbo - The Norwegian Way, Many Pictures..

Pilsen

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little update:

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

Aeromotive Eliminator, this should be big enough too feed the 1600cc injectors with E85.

DSC_0060.jpg

The trunk is painted black satin and the new parts are being mounted:

DSC_0064.jpg

I have also painted the car black satin inside and mounted the fuel lines, battery box and the hoses to the drysump system.

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

More is comming.

Wow.. Im only after spottin this thread now!!!

Amazing work my friend. What part of Norway do you live in. Ive worked there for 3 years in different places???Mite get to see the car on 1 of my visits if im lucky.

Keep up the good work pal. Fantastic thread.:thumbup

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a long time since the last update here now, but I have aaaaalot of pictures:

Volvo axel with Detroit truetrack diff:

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

Finally ooooooooooooon the wheels:

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

:)

five speed Tremec TKO-600 with manta 1800 bellhousing:

DSC_0063.jpg

Custom 3.5" alu shaft, from Presicion Shafts.

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

The engine, with drysump pan mounted:

motorstraks.jpg

Custom flywheel + s4 spec clutch with trmec senter:

motorstraks1.jpg

Drysump pump bracket and oil pressure IN:

motorstraks2.jpg

Peterson drysump pump:

motorstraks4.jpg

More pictures and info tomorow!

Great post and plenty pictures.Nothing wrong with your English either.I'm really interested in the Volvo rear axle conversion.Where did you buy the diff and roughly how much is it.Did you use the existing Volvo Crown Wheel and Pinion(Gearing in the axle) or did you change to a different CWP,if so what ratio did you fit.

What car is the Gearbox from and does the 1800 Opel Bellhousing bolt directly to it or do you need an adaptor plate for it.

Great post and plenty pictures.Nothing wrong with your English either.I'm really interested in the Volvo rear axle conversion.Where did you buy the diff and roughly how much is it.Did you use the existing Volvo Crown Wheel and Pinion(Gearing in the axle) or did you change to a different CWP,if so what ratio did you fit.

What car is the Gearbox from and does the 1800 Opel Bellhousing bolt directly to it or do you need an adaptor plate for it.

Thank you verry much.

The detroit truetrack was bought from a Company here in norway, but they have it on http://www.summitracing.com as wel, I think it cost around 500$ + shipping. I Used the existing volvo crown wheel and pinion yes, but only because I hade the ratio that I have. I have 4.10:1. The gearbox is bouhgt new, and I'm not sure if the tremec TKO gear box comes in any car, but the Tremec T56(the 6speed transmision) comes in cars like Dogde Viper srt-10 an others. The 1800 bellhousing has no direct fit to the tko-600 but the same company as I bought the truetrack from Is making theese adapters.

hi, im considering putting a saab turbo engine in a manta or kadett coupe for ,my next project however i cannot find a gearbox that will handle the power, the tremek 'box seems suitable power-wise, i could use the same set up as you but i think the flywheels are different do you no of any clutch and pressure plate kits for this engine that will work with the tremek box. also, if you dont mind me asking, how much is the gear box and is it sequential or not. BTW you have a very impressive project. best of luck.

We are not worthy....

Rarely have I seen so much dedication and money spent to build a Manta like this.

You have my complete respect.

Can you please bring the car to the annual UK Show at Billing in 2011 - it would make a lot of people very very happy indeed :thumbup .

This project has some of the best welding and construction I have seen in years.

Do we have a committee post free for Custom Consultant yet - tee hee :PB)

We are not worthy....

Rarely have I seen so much dedication and money spent to build a Manta like this.

You have my complete respect.

Can you please bring the car to the annual UK Show at Billing in 2011 - it would make a lot of people very very happy indeed :thumbup .

This project has some of the best welding and construction I have seen in years.

Do we have a committee post free for Custom Consultant yet - tee hee :PB)

Thank you verry much for all the credit! it would have been fun to take the car to the U.K some time..

What did you mean by " Do we have a committee post free for Custom Consultant yet - tee hee " ? i did not understand it :P

A new update is on its way now! =)

hi, im considering putting a saab turbo engine in a manta or kadett coupe for ,my next project however i cannot find a gearbox that will handle the power, the tremek 'box seems suitable power-wise, i could use the same set up as you but i think the flywheels are different do you no of any clutch and pressure plate kits for this engine that will work with the tremek box. also, if you dont mind me asking, how much is the gear box and is it sequential or not. BTW you have a very impressive project. best of luck.

Hello!

Are you thinking about the 4 syl saab turbo engine? that engine has the same bolt pattern as c20xe, c20ne, c20let, x30xe +++ and therefor you coul for an example use the getrag 265 gearbox with manta 1800 bellhousing and custom adapter. The tremec tko-600 gearbox is not sequential, but you could get some updates for them. Please check out Libirtygears.com for more information. If you get someone the machine a flywheel for you with the right bolt pattern, im sure Spec and many other coul deliver clutch packs to your engine/transmision that can stand the hp you are looking for.

I removed all of the old wiring in the car including relays and shit. Then I made a new wiring-net with all the nesessary stash placed in the midle of the car:

DSC_0021.jpg

A bracket for the Electromotive DFU/coilpack was made, I also fitted the Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator and some Earls hose and fittings:

DSC_0020.jpg

OMP sueded steering wheel mounted along with a FIA approved snap off:

As you can see, I also made a plate to mount som gauges or dashlogger on.

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

Taaaattaaaaaaaaa:

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

Dry sump pump and engine mount. (the engine mount is now powder coated black satin.)

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg