Electric Windows

jasonpirtek

I know a bit about this!

My first Manta SR had a set fitted by me. Providing the windows are fitted adjusted and lubricated properly they work fine. Don't expect them to whizz up and down like a modern, they are slow by comparison.

My car had a console mounted switch from a mk2 cavalier to give it a "factory" look. Modding the wiring is relativley easy to go from a 3 switch to 2 switch set up.

I also have a set on the Strada Cabrio that I currenty own.

If you search around (I used German ebay) and go for a spal set or a quality kit they do (or used to do) two levels of kit, the more expensive kit being a bit more.

Haven't bought a set for 4 years so I might have a surf and come back here.

Fitting is quite easy too, I rubber mounted the motors to isolate the noise

They are a tight fit in an A series door. not sure if I'll just be sticking with handle winder or not now.

thanks for the heads up, might give them a go. cheers

I know a bit about this!

My first Manta SR had a set fitted by me. Providing the windows are fitted adjusted and lubricated properly they work fine. Don't expect them to whizz up and down like a modern, they are slow by comparison.

My car had a console mounted switch from a mk2 cavalier to give it a "factory" look. Modding the wiring is relativley easy to go from a 3 switch to 2 switch set up.

I also have a set on the Strada Cabrio that I currenty own.

If you search around (I used German ebay) and go for a spal set or a quality kit they do (or used to do) two levels of kit, the more expensive kit being a bit more.

Haven't bought a set for 4 years so I might have a surf and come back here.

Fitting is quite easy too, I rubber mounted the motors to isolate the noise