Manta B , Gte Ignition Switch

turbo16n

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for re[yong. The other issue is trying to find the original patrt number which the company Autodoc seem to require. It's a pity that there is not an area on the club's website that you could refer to for that kind of inforamtion. I see their is a CD with data in it, which could be made available on line ?

1 hour ago, notnef said:

Seems I am back to square 1 . I really urgently need a replacement ignition switch/barrel or the car is undrivable ..

Any  other links I could follow up

Try a pm to Danny who offered 2nd hand ones further up this thread in 2018, he & mrcarlos have dismantled many a Manta (keeping others on the road)

As I think I have explained before, the issue seems to be that the key does not insert sufficiently in the ignition switch to be able and turn it to start the engine.

I have been able to jiggle it so that the key remians in the switch and I can at least start it. If i return the key to its normal unengaged position, it will prove impossible to reinsert it .

I am no techie so I am not sure what part or parts I need. My locla garage can fix it once I get the correct part.

any help is really appreciated but what I really want is a replacement part or parts

I should have also asked , what is the best way to contact anybody in the club about this ?

4 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

good idea  .especially if nothing obvious is stuck in the hole or the key is not badly worn. otherwise any good garage ! should have no issue removing the barrel and stripping and cleaning it when out .

You shouldn’t need to remove it. Just spray in the key slot 👍🏼

I have W 40 d it several times but althought it has worked for  short time, it has not reloved it properly

On 05/11/2019 at 20:03, Trooker said:

Try a pm to Danny who offered 2nd hand ones further up this thread in 2018, he & mrcarlos have dismantled many a Manta (keeping others on the road)

Danny, do you have a spare ignition barrell at all

If you have faceache possibly a shout on here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/127876674424063/

or here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7372544390/

if its the electrical switch part that is playing up rather than the key/barrel, this German seller seems to list the UK as a destination, not cheap but it does show part numbers so you may find an equivalent

https://www.ebay.de/itm/KONTAKTTEIL-SCHALTER-ZUNDUNG-ZUNDSCHLOSS-ZUNDSCHALTER-OPEL/321503949888?epid=1627717719&hash=item4adb20f440:g:aGIAAOSwYERc46DO

if its the barrel, its a pity this is out of stock but may help you with part numbers

https://www.opel-classicparts.de/schliesszylinder.html?___store=b2c_english&___from_store=b2c_deutsch

13 hours ago, paulmanta said:

Send me a pm, I have spares and can help out.

Even more so if you can remove your old one and send it to me, I can make one that fits your key.

13 hours ago, paulmanta said:

Send me a pm, I have spares and can help out.

Even more so if you can remove your old one and send it to me, I can make one that fits your key.

Hi paulmanta,

this may be a repeat of my earlier reply but I am doing this on the club website..

Wow ! sounds like really good news ! What is a PM ?

I don't have the skill to undo the old one but my garage will do the work once  I source the replacement. One key is still in the switch so at least I can start the engine

I have a spare key if that would help

Thanks so far