Manta A 1900 Throttle Cable

1900SR

throttle001.jpg

Is this what you are looking for? outer cable length is 37cm inner cable is 55cm.

PM me if it is, it came off a 1979 2.0, and it's in perfect condition. Fiver plus 2 Quid postage.

Julian.

Edited by Julian

Thanks for that Julian, but the B cable is different to the A. It's about half the length and the fitting for the throttle linkage is different.

Hope something turns up for you M8 :thumbup

I have a NOS one thats spare.

Not in its packet anymore as I was gonna use it, but as I ended up with bike carbs I got a cable kit from merlin motorsport.

I'll dig it out at the weekend and see if its any use to you.

Thanks for that Shug, much appreciated.

opelpartsgreece, if that one fits a 2.0S then I guess it's the later type with a different fitting to the A. I must try and get a pic up of the sort I need. Thanks anyway.

Mine looks similar to the one julian posted up, but its a lot longer. end to end is about 140cm. Has the ball socket type end on it.

Fits the accelerator pedal on my A perfectly. If you need a nipple end (oo er :lol: ) then you could cut off the ball socket bit and add one.

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p1061/THROTTLE-CABLE-NIPPLE/product_info.html

(they also do a 3m accelerator cable which you can cut to length, but it needs modified slightly to stay on accelerator pedal and won't have the bulk head seal bit.)

Thanks for that Mick, but I think the adjuster mech is different on the GT/E, it needs to be the same as the one on the pic Julian's posted. Awkward ain't I?

The short one is now on the blue A, and it is running, just ticks over at 1500RPM!

Edited by 1900SR

Hi Steve,mate,i'm really struggling on this little 5hite :angry: its been driving me mad!I'll be honest Ste,i think from the looks of things that this may have been only available from Opel,can't find any aftermarket supplier that used to list it at all.If anyone can come up with an aftermarket supplier of the little git,please let me know.Cheers for now mate. :thumbup

Dr Manta lists one, but he's got it down as the same part number for the B as well, and as far as I can see the Bs all had the cup end. I'll probably need to email him a pic of the one I've got along with length to make sure it's right. I'll try that other link you've got Keith, thanks.

This is what the end I'm looking for looks like.

Cable.jpg

I'm not sure if that part you've linked to Shug would fit. I'd rather get a correct one if possible, but thanks for looking.

Has anyone else seen that pattern of throttle linkeage on another A , are all the A cars like that, not having seen one I don't know. I have seen that set up on other vehicles though, the Rover P6 for eg. Isn't it possible to fit the linkeage that the cable with the cup end on it will fit,as it seems that it is easier to source that type of cable than it is the one that you are looking for, if you want that type of linkeage I have one here

Edited by Julian

• 5 weeks later...