Hunting For A Manta B Coupe, Again !

mantadog

hi all, once again im trying to find an late 70s early 80s manta b coupe that could be my next project, going back to my first love !!!

just dont tell the mrs!!

well just yesturday i went to view the 81 gtj coupe in orange listed on the ebay are all coupe as rot prone as these years, i knew i should have learnt to weld!

just hope whoever won it will do it proud!!!

hi all, once again im trying to find an late 70s early 80s manta b coupe that could be my next project, going back to my first love !!!

just dont tell the mrs!!

well just yesturday i went to view the 81 gtj coupe in orange listed on the ebay are all coupe as rot prone as these years, i knew i should have learnt to weld!

just hope whoever won it will do it proud!!!

Hi mate, welcome to the forum. I have a 1980 B series, had some rust but really only wings and sills, underneath is mint. And I picked it up last year for £60!! Check out all the free car sales sites other than the just the usual suspects (ebay/pistonheads etc), you'll be amazed what you might find with some legwork!!

Dave

You paid £60 for that green B! :o:o . Turned out well nice mate. Mine (the LHD GTE) cost £40. Sadly Mantadog you may find yourself paying slightly more but you never know. Good luck! :thumbup

It was actually free mate, but I gave the guy £60 to take his wife out for a nice meal as she got upset to see it go!! (Was the lucky find of my life!!). Right time and right place I guess - was a write up in Manta Magic in Winter 2009 entitled 'Daves Story' explaining all. Bit of leg work and a lot of luck, who knows what you might find.

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by smiffy220

Dont know the true values, just been to see a 81 gtj, been off the road since 91, very rusty in the same areas that my first manta was17 years ago, as rare as it is in orange an being totally original m ymind thinks money pit and as i dont have one of those very understanding wives, i feel i will maybe try and find at least a runner and mover, just to keep down my mates garage!! any ideas would be welcomed !!!

Hi mate, welcome to the forum. Generally speaking the B1 series aren't as rot prone as the later ones but that said, theyre all 30 odd years old. How much are you looking to spend?

ATS`S love the colour and look of your manta, reminds me of the 5 or 6 manta that used to be group friends in my old village backin the day, tnn606x, nec 51v, happy days!!!!

It was actually free mate, but I gave the guy £60 to take his wife out for a nice meal as she got upset to see it go!! (Was the lucky find of my life!!). Right time and right place I guess - was a write up in Manta Magic in Winter 2009 entitled 'Daves Story' explaining all. Bit of leg work and a lot of luck, who knows what you might find.

Cheers,

Dave

Mantadog, only last year there was a running white coupe auto near me for sale on a V plate, was up for about £1400 I think. It needed some rust work sorting here and there, but was running as he bought it to a show.

I love to see these original B's still kept original and on the road, so will keep an eye out for you, though would help to know your budget mate?

Where abouts are you based? Helps to put that in your profile!

Dave

Edited by smiffy220

Hi dave,Im from just out side of wolverhampton/ staffordshire border, that gtj went for £807.00 which made me think that,to get it roadworhty it would have cost me at least £1500.00 with out paint, so with an ok paint it would owe me around 3kim thinking maybe a cheap runner up to 1k as i was offered a 80v sliver coupe i think a berlinetta about 10 months for 800 through scrapage at a main agent, any ideas or finds would be welcomed, im Dave too !!!!ps no autos!!!!,

Mantadog, only last year there was a running white coupe auto near me for sale on a V plate, was up for about £1400 I think. It needed some rust work sorting here and there, but was running as he bought it to a show.

I love to see these original B's still kept original and on the road, so will keep an eye out for you, though would help to know your budget mate?

Where abouts are you based? Helps to put that in your profile!

Dave