Manta Pics,exc Coupe E540Vbg

steve price

thanx keith,but have made my decision m8,she is going back to the bodyshop to have the doors taken off and im going to bite the bullet and get a professional to get them to fit and if need be get the damn thing re-painted again,ive gone this far would be a cryin shame to leave it only three 1/4 finished????

only wanted a tidy honest driver like coupermans,as it will never be a full hands on rest like some on the forum,but im committed to getting it in nice shape

wheels turned out nice though well happy with them

SDC12527.jpgSDC12528.jpgSDC12526.jpgSDC12525.jpgSDC12524.jpgSDC12529.jpg

on a lighter note my grandsons 2 yrs old tommorrow and his party was this afternoon,didnt want to steal the limelight offa prince william 2 morrow,happy b/day anthony

SDC12476.jpg

know what you mean about getting the doors to fit. with mine it was a case of new hinge pins & then on & off with the doors several times adjusting the hinges a little at a time.getting them to have an equal front & rear gap,getting them to shut level with the striker removed,getting them to sit level with the rear wing at top & bottom corners was a nightmare.im even contemplating cutting & adjusting bottom corner of rear wing to door corner area because i beleive it may have become out slighly when changing sills.but all worth it in the end.the end result is what classic car ownership is all about. we are driving a car that is a result of our love,ability & passion for being able to drive a car that we have actually chosen to want & not what society tells us we should have. much the same as applies to music,fashion, & modern gadgets. !!!

Wheels looking superb there Steve, great job mate :thumbup

My doors aren't lined up very well upon closer inspection. Starting to look tidy though. Remember, I drove that car and was all over it too. It is a good car in all the right areas and you've done it proud so far.

Keep it up mate. The paint work is better than mine, I have still rust to deal with yet, but I'll get it sorted bit by bit. :D

gaz where you been buddy??

wheels are looking good and the centre caps have been done as well,have managed to get the drivers door to fit sort of okish,the passenger one is doin my head,gotta a guy coming 2 morrow to cast his eye over the f-----g thing will let you know the outcome ok :thumbup

im going to be needing your old coupe boot mat as a template soon m8,am goin to use woolies-trim and use the grey hardura felt,whilst im not looking for the full blown resto job,and all parts must be original [lol],i am looking to keep that perio look,the engelmanns are ready to go on,got the decals,got the original ariel from rutts,got the 2.2 rocker cover off lepo5,new gear stick gaitor thats original though,

getting there slowly

take care m8

steve

I have it ready to send to you Steve. Paintwork on mine getting me down too, but I'll get it sorted. Had to pay out on the ASTRA 1.9 CDTI recently which stalled me a little. Hoping to get it priced up soon though. Deffo send you the boot mat before the weekend. What you getting it made out of? Anything nice so you can get me one done too?

All the best m8, GAZ

Oh, not been anywhere!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow you have been a busy boy! :thumbup

What a great read fella, and amazing amount of work done to get it to this stage too! I'm sure the drivers door will be fine after a bit more fettling... So what's wrong with the paint finish? It looks great in the pics!

l8 reply i know

rab

thanx m8 your 1200 is an inspiration :thumbup

bigchap

tis painful the paint job but thanx anyway :thumbup

mikeyrules

mike your ne lucky guy with steve titmus exc coupe you bided your time and got one hell of a motor well done to you mike :thumbup

allways said from the start that its no nut and bolt resto blady-bla,but deep down you hope it will turn out mint but it never does,its a 1 owner coupe with 79k but she seen some action circa 1999 when i reckon she had a bang to the n/side rear,1/4,sill,as the parts are rust free and you just know they been replaced,problem is f all fits,so im thinking steve m8 it owes me 3k,its never going to be mint like stradacabs 400r etc etc etc,so basically ive taken this coupe as far as i can,it drives a1 and has all the history,but unless it finds someone with he talents of many on here,it is and allways will be just ok

mike all the best to you fella hope mum and dad recover as best as and big congrats on the new baby arriving and the manta

stev :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

• 1 month later...

How you doing Steve mate? Seems to have gone too quiet on here? You had a month off? Got my bumpers painted, nose cone, bootlid and upper and outer sills sorted to 'as new' Just need the roof and the sides doing next. Wasn't cheap where I got it done but it is worth knowing that it is done to the standard I wanted. It was worth the wait and saving up for - selling the white rotter helped fund it too, but even that's coming along now - well done to ''taylorblue''

Doug's coupe is obviously a relative of your car look at the reg, I think you have seen this before . Took this pic at Billing, parked up next to my car. I was put to shame by it! 22k on that Manta!

BLLING2011152.jpg

Anyway hope it's coming on mate and hope to hear from you soon.

GAZ :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

gaz m8,been really wollowing in self pity for the last couple of months,really sucked off with being in the motor trade,but at 50 im on the scrap heap otherwise?

been on u tube watching you strum away,lead singer is a throw back to paul weller and the jam,good on u m8

billing good for you,thanks for the pics and dougs exc coupe nice motor init

anyway dragged myself into the garage managed about 2 hrs on mine

gaz,went for the manta gte on the infill panel instead of irmscher :thumbup

SDC13025.jpg

tidied up the boot and spare wheel

SDC13026.jpg

SDC13027.jpg

and removed the centre console and fitted the new gear stick boot

SDC13028.jpg

just re newed the omoc membership,but i seriously need to pull my self together or im just pissin in the wind

thanx gaz

steve :thumbup

Hi Steve,

Excuse thi language :rolleyes: `50` YUR LIFES JIST ON THI UP LIKES MI SEL :thumbup und as far as yur Manta goes YIV GOT WAN BRAW LOOKIN MANTA THERE TAE BI PROUD AFF.

p.s Wull admit crawlin under manta noo awt 50+ jist wi axle stands does test the auld back oot got stuck awe few times. :D

cheers rab.

Car looks top mate and that interior has come up as good as new :thumbup

Hey iv'e been doing my project Manta for 10 years so the build on yours is well fast and top banana :)

Keep up the good work

Edit, that red piping looks red as fook! Quality interior

Edited by Kevin Abbott

a little more scrubbing to-day

SDC13040.jpgSDC13039.jpg

could only finsh the passenger side as i need more plastic clips

also decided to use the i, suppose it is the original gear knob,a bit worse for wear but in keeping wi the car????????????

SDC13038.jpg

new clips 2morrow if frf vauxhall have em?

steve

Holy shit Steve mate that has come on an absolute treat. Remember I have sat in that car, what a clean up job you have done there. I've got some catching up to do there. Deffo gonna take a trip down to Glamorgan at some point, I would love to see this car again!

:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Oh, glad you like THE UNIVERSAL!!! :lol: