Manta Pics,exc Coupe E540Vbg

steve price

cheers adz,and yes its my rd 250 lc :thumbup

been trying to square up under the bonnet of my coupe 2 day

its no oil painting under there as this coupe is not gettin the full nut and bolt resto job!!

fitted the 2.2 rocker cover i had off lepo5SDC13044.jpgSDC13043.jpgSDC13042.jpgSDC13041.jpg

its clean and tidyish without going over the top

steve :thumbup

looking good.

not jumping in on your thread but wait till you see the interior we just cleaned for PROJECT BARN FIND by GMC.

old recaro type with the brown check.ger will be posting pics up soon.

your manta looks cracking mate.Always liked that colour of manta.that and white.

bigchap,jump in any time,been following gmc rebuild so will keep an eye on it ok,i thought about blasting them with with the pressure washer but i think the fabric would most probably fall apart at 150 psi with full heat on,so went for the scrubbing brush option,heavy duty carpet cleaner and g101 on the plastics

steve

Yeah will get some pics up soon mate, that is one tidy 'original' engine bay now, been after one of those rockers myself for ages if anyone is selling one!!! Sweet job mate. :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

I just need to get the rest of the bodywork done now too, but have a couple of things coming up which will mean I have to wait probably until the middle of Sept before she can go in again. :unsure:

GAZ

Edited by couperman

ye thats what we did to his as was only way to clean them once you see how dirty they were although need to get a drivers one as the guy who owned the car originally was a mechanic and drivers seat was covered in oil and unfortunatly the material on the sides of the seat fell apart with the pressure washer.

been polishing the balls off this coupe to-day im f----d :angry:SDC13084.jpgSDC13085.jpgSDC13091.jpg

re-fitted both door panels,thanx to rob,spiney_norman for the door clips,had to use self tappers at the bottom of the door cards as they are showing their age and when they were stored away they went out of shape :angry:SDC13089-1.jpgSDC13090.jpg

and fitted the engelmann mirrorsSDC13086.jpgSDC13087.jpg

getting to old for this shit!!!!!!

steve

thanx stevieh :thumbup

coming close to the fun part

decalsSDC10328.jpgSDC10327.jpgSDC10324.jpg

cherry red copies

new original ariel,bought from rutts yonks agoSDC13094.jpgSDC13093.jpgSDC13095.jpg

have also got this set of aftermarket mud flaps,not sure i should use them on the rear due tothe irmscher wraparound bumper,any thoughts??????????????

the flapsSDC13092.jpg

Keep the mud flaps off, Looks well better without... Once my car is sprayed i won't be putting any back on. Sun is shining, i might go and clean mine now so i can get some pics taken for you mate.... I've been looking for an aerial too! no joy yet though....

Looking well smart mate, RESPECT!!!! :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

cheers gaz m8,

have managed to fit the ariel i had off rutts,fits perfect and secured under the wing,so it aint going anywhere,all wired up to the original phillips 752 tape deck works as well :thumbup

i have bought another infill panel so i can stick the original irmscher decal on and maybe swop them around when im bored??got the grey hardura felt coming for the replica boot mat,il send your old pattern one back to you along with the new replica mat ok m8

have not attempted to fit the decals as yet :unsure:

all the best gaz

I also have a spare infill panel, so may do something with that for boredom purposes! I really don't need that bootm mat back mate, maybe you know someone who could do something with it? Look forward to receiving the 'new' mat as even mine although the best I've had could do with replacing.......

The blitz decal on the front is a complete bugger to fit, but I can do it you will pi$$ it!

Speak soon, GAZ

thanx guys

the paint looks better in the pics,to be honest the prep and depth and quality of the paint isnt that great

gaz,needs mot,horn wont work,headlamps need to be re-wired,decals,and im waiting on the painter to come and look at his paintwork on the front bumper and n/side door,maybe he will re do them or i will get them re painted

steve

SDC13126.jpgSDC13127.jpg

nearly there but not quite ??????????????????????

oh the speckles you can see is dust from the f-----g council yard :angry:

tried fitting the decals fu---d the nose cone decal up twice,and think they are in the wrong place on the boot lid,f--k me i did them 2 yr ago no problem :angry:

any advice on fitting and correctish location appreciated,i got plenty of decals o practice with lol

also any thoughts on the infill panel

1..leave blank

2..manta gte

3.. irmscher

thanx steve :thumbupSDC13175.jpgSDC13180.jpgSDC13025.jpg

• Like 1

Steve I don't think you can go wrong either way mate, swap and change the infill panels at your leisure, both are well smart.

I used water with detergent in it to slide the nosecone decal into place, hit and miss really, but if you cut around the blitz as close as possible you should be able to see where it needs to be......... maybe i got lucky, but super difficult as the nosecone isn't flat, which you know!!!!

Gaz

Would you fit my Englemanns for me, I'd trust you more than I would myself, plus I couldn't possibly watch someone do it!

E540VBG

booked in for mot wednesday @ 1.00 pm :rolleyes:

going back to paintshop week tuesday for front bumper to be re-painted??

steve

oh another set of decals,hoover out,road tax,mud flaps maybe,and set of floor mats oh oh mr peesley almost there :thumbup

steve

Edited by steve price
  • Like 1

E540VBG

booked in for mot wednesday @ 1.00 pm :rolleyes:

going back to paintshop week tuesday for front bumper to be re-painted??

steve

oh another set of decals,hoover out,road tax,mud flaps maybe,and set of floor mats oh oh mr peesley almost there :thumbup

steve

Good Luck with the MOT

gaz,thanx m8,

rob love your 400r

mot time 1.00 pm to day excited :thumbup

SDC13183.jpgSDC13184.jpgSDC13186.jpgSDC13187.jpgSDC13188.jpgSDC13185.jpgSDC13189.jpgSDC13190.jpgSDC13191-1.jpgSDC13192.jpgSDC13193.jpgSDC13194.jpgSDC13195.jpgSDC13196.jpgSDC13197.jpg

very happy at last, it seems this car is coming along nicely and will probably be finshed next week as i have strict orders to take a week off to spend some time with my daughter who is over from germany

thanx to everyone on the omoc for the encouragement to keep going,even when you feel like nocking the project on its head

steve :thumbup:).... no advisorys either :thumbup