Hatch Boot Struts Wanted

Fasterthanyou

you could do with some knackered ones, as new ones have too much gas and then when you lift your bonnet you get smacked in the head :blink: got the t shirt :lol:

Have a mooch around the scrappers and test some tailgates to get a feel of the weight, you may need new ones though if you are lifting a steel bonnet

cheers

Kev

you could do with some knackered ones, as new ones have too much gas and then when you lift your bonnet you get smacked in the head :blink: got the t shirt :lol:

Have a mooch around the scrappers and test some tailgates to get a feel of the weight, you may need new ones though if you are lifting a steel bonnet

cheers

Kev

Thanks Kev. I had some on my coupe and they were a bit fierce even though it was a steel bonet so glad Im not the only one who has had a whack on the chin:lol:.

I will do a bit of digging. Are new ones still available?

:thumbup

As title says looking for a pair of hatch struts in good working order (they are actually for my coupe bonet!) so need to be reasonably strong.

Hi mate,yeah can still get these new if wanted,but the guys are correct,you'll probably launch your bonnet over the roof of your house :o .Little tip for you,if you look closely at the struts,there should be a number on them,something like 350N or 550N etc.This number is whats known as the Newton rating,or in other words the pressure or strength of the strut.The higher the number,the more powerfull the strut.So if the manta ones are say 500N,then look for some around 200/250N etc.Hope this helps bud :thumbup

Toni,hiya stranger,many thanks for the referral. :thumbup

Hi mate,yeah can still get these new if wanted,but the guys are correct,you'll probably launch your bonnet over the roof of your house :o .Little tip for you,if you look closely at the struts,there should be a number on them,something like 350N or 550N etc.This number is whats known as the Newton rating,or in other words the pressure or strength of the strut.The higher the number,the more powerfull the strut.So if the manta ones are say 500N,then look for some around 200/250N etc.Hope this helps bud :thumbup

Toni,hiya stranger,many thanks for the referral. :thumbup

The ones on my Exclusive were standard hatch ones but were a bit worn so were perfect for the bonnet, I have had a look at the omega ones but not sure I like the design, might look at some after market ones. Can you get hold of some low rated ones??

Thanks for the info anyway:thumbup

Hi there,yeah,my place sells a vast range of these things,its the N rating thats the important bit,just so you know,the Manta hatch ones are 330N.There are many cars in the catalogue that do have bonnet struts fitted as standard,so it won't be a problem finding any tbh,you just need to tell me what type of fitting your after on the ends.The only thing i would say is that as none of these applications are specifically listed for the Manta bonnet,i can't accept any responsability if they don't work etc,i don't mean to be a grunmpy git :lol: but i'm sure you can see where i'm coming from bud.A few things to think about;type of fitting (how it will connect to the body work and bonnet)length of the unit (where it fits to the body and where you attach it to the bonnet,will this position give enough lift/clearance?Leave it with you,let me know your thoughts matey,cheers for now,Paul. :thumbup

Just had a thought,it may well be worth asking some of the guys on here who have these fitted to see what cars they came off,and/or also get any numbers of these units,many off these will be 'lift-o-mat' items (i can use these numbers)cheers.