Gt/j Bump Bars Strips

discodas

HELP!

I am restoring a GT/J but my replacment 2nd hand doors and wings do not have any pins for those white clips!

Do any of you have any good ideas!! on hows best to attach the old bump bars not really comfortable with drilling self tapper in to them as this may in the long term allow rust to get in:(

Kind Regards

Disco

mantakitchen031.jpg

Edited by discodas

you can buy pop rivet versions of those pins vauxhall did sell them if they still do i don't know best to ask for a mk2 cavalier as they are the same but peugeot sold them to hold 205 gti door mouldings on and i bought some not too long ago hope this might help.

Unless you really want to go 100% original (vinyl roofs on later cars aren't) then you shouldn't bother with them at all. I've removed mine as I think they look awful and spoil the cars lines, although they are rather practical for stopping dents from idiots in car parks who have no respect for other peoples property! You could always fit the stick on less square bump strips that halfords, MDC's and possibly ebay sellers would have, just an idea?!

Edited by Rick-Manta