Gt/j Project Manta

discodas

Just though I would pop some pic's of our baby going through some final prep before painting.

Did have some older pic's during welding but they were on the old fashioned 35mm need to scan them in.

No where as impressive as some of the other refur/ weld pipc's on here, but enjoyed every day in the garage furkeling around.:thumbup

mantakitchen014.jpg

mantakitchen016.jpg

mantakitchen018.jpg

mantakitchen020.jpg

mantakitchen023.jpg

mantakitchen024.jpg

mantakitchen025.jpg

mantakitchen029.jpg

mantakitchen034.jpg

mantakitchen037.jpg

mantakitchen032.jpg

mantakitchen028.jpg

mantakitchen021.jpg

mantakitchen022.jpg

mantakitchen044.jpg

mantakitchen042.jpg

mantakitchen040.jpg

Edited by discodas

Project GT/J under way after some years in grey she's finally RED, paited by yours truly, and in my garage. Not 100% perfect but a little polish goes a long way.

She was taken off the road many years ago, have done a lot of work to her and very soon hope to have her on theh road:)

http://s877.photobuc...ab338/discodas/

manta006.jpg

manta004.jpg

manta005.jpg

manta015.jpg

manta011.jpg

manta010.jpg

manta008.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

002.jpg

008.jpg

005.jpg007.jpg

Edited by discodas

Thanks

HMG 2K.

Prep has 2k primer (2 coats high build) and (2 coats normal) each coat wet flatted, and top coat 2k has 4 coats flashed of for 30mins, And then a lot of colour sanding.

I could only wish for a finish like that!!! What type of paint did you use???

Well done!

• 1 month later...

Hi All.

Just to update, GT/J going for MOT tomorrow, first one since 1997:blink: Fingers, legs, arms, toes crossed, hope all goes well.

Will let you know with some finshed pictures:rolleyes:

Disco

Edited by discodas

Hi Rick,

Not got the filler strip yet but have made up those little rubber bits for the glass door things!! That was fun too.

Which bits were you after? I had a guy asking after the door from shetland. The Wing has sold but not collected as of yet, if this does not go are you intrested?

Postage will fun trying to package that?

Have a set of Decal's on, bought these just in case the ones made were not quite right.

Still some minor things to do but all the big stuff done.

Disco

Good to hear, I ordered a couple of those door corner seal kits but I appreciate they're expensive, so you've probably come up with the better solution for the non-lazy :D

Apart from decent reproduction GTJ decals I wasn't after anything but thanks anyway, I'm literally tripping over my spares, so much so I've bought a bivouac type of garage to extend. I just wanted to check on these bits I was keeping aside for you weren't needed.

Looking forward to seeing your GTJ finished.

WELL THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT OUR LITTLE BABY HAS A TICKET- MOT THAT IS. YIPPPEEEE. The all clear nothing found really really glad thought their may be some thing?

Only 13 years and some recent events that made me finish her off.

Hope to get pictures soon, it was a very different drive down to the test station, the guys there said whats that?????:huh:

Good to hear, I ordered a couple of those door corner seal kits but I appreciate they're expensive, so you've probably come up with the better solution for the non-lazy :D

Apart from decent reproduction GTJ decals I wasn't after anything but thanks anyway, I'm literally tripping over my spares, so much so I've bought a bivouac type of garage to extend. I just wanted to check on these bits I was keeping aside for you weren't needed.

Looking forward to seeing your GTJ finished.

• 4 months later...

Just though I would pop some pic's of our baby going through some final prep before painting.

Did have some older pic's during welding but they were on the old fashioned 35mm need to scan them in.

No where as impressive as some of the other refur/ weld pipc's on here, but enjoyed every day in the garage furkeling around.:thumbup