Manta A 1900 Berlinetta

MartinD

Hello there. I have decided (with regret) to sell my 1973 Manta A Berlinetta Auto. It is in very good original condition, with 35000 miles on the clock (2 owners before me). It is Monza Blue Metallic with the all blue velour interior (very good condtion, esp for this spec). Bodywork is very good, no welding underneath other than that associated with the fitting of new rear arches (imported from Germany) 3 years ago. It has a new set of tyres fitted and is MOT'd til next April and is currently on a SORN.

Bad points:

Engine has lost its oil pressure. Oil Pressure will now not build up for some reason, briefly looked into it (but not taken engine apart or anything) and not fixed it. It runs but as I'm sure it osn't getting around the engine, I only run it for a few seconds. (I chnged the oil again the other week, which temporarrily sorted it and had a quick spin round the village and the engine was still sweet, but now it's back to no pressure).

Front wings scruffy at the lower front edges and I'd planned to replace these and respray the whole car the original colour (the new rear arches were" temporarliy" painted a non matching light metallic blue.

I got this car in late 2005 (wasn't on the road then) from a guy who'd worked at a garage where the original lady owner had it serviced. She didn't do many miles in it and it had 30,000 on the clock when I bought it. I did some work (inc rear arches) and got it back on the road about March 2007.

The oil pressure problem started around this year's MOT time, about April. Prior to that, it had always driven well and felt very "tight" on the road as you might expect from a 35000 mile car. It was very nice to drive. I am selling it, as I have too many cars and I don't have the time / skill to sort out this problem and I've decided to concentrate on a couple of my other cars. Restoring / running lots of cars at once costs a lot of money too!

I am selling this along with my Manta A spares, inc a new rear bumper, good used front bumper,2 wings (one good used,been prepped, one Veng) a set of glass with mostly good rubbers (esp front screen)

Price £1400

I'd insert some pics, but can't suss out the web address aspect of doing this (they're on my PC, obviously) I can e-mail them.

No timewasters please.

Thanks

Martin

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't get back to you. It sold a couple of days after going on the forum.

This PM ing business where people leave me secret messages that I have to log into to get to them, I had some difficulty finding. I also got sent a message where someone was trying to Part-Ex something against it, as I said I have too many cars and I just needed the money and space, not start becomg some sort of car dealer.

Thank you for your interest.

Sorry I didn't get back to you. It sold a couple of days after going on the forum.

This PM ing business where people leave me secret messages that I have to log into to get to them, I had some difficulty finding. I also got sent a message where someone was trying to Part-Ex something against it, as I said I have too many cars and I just needed the money and space, not start becomg some sort of car dealer.

Thank you for your interest.

Wow - just goes to show how something simple like selling a car can turn into such an absolute nightmare. That's why I'd never consider doing it - you really don't know what some people would suggest. And you're right - if there's one thing we don't need at the minute it's more car dealers - well done Martin for sticking to your principles. Don't suppose we'll see you on here again but all the best in the future.

;)

Edited by Fermanta