Manta B-Heavy Duty Engine Mountings Bobbins

SENNA1

hi. i have 2 mk1 cavs. both with standard factory engine mounts. i have never had a problem with these over all the years i have had mk1`s.one of mine is a 2 litre. other is a 2.2. later cars (mantas in particular) had an alternative fluid filled mounting fitted .i presume this was to reduce noise ??. you could fit early senator/royale/monza mountings as these were same fitting but a slightly longer rubber area. harder mountings will stop any excessive movement of engine but transmit more engine noise/feel through to you.

If you drive over-aggresivly with standing starts/ dumping the clutch etc you can rip the NS rubber mount apart

Replacing it with a more solid rubber bobbin is a very good way of stopping that problem.

If you replace both engine mounts you will get a lot of vibration/buzz through the car from the engine

If you're looking at the pair from E-Bay For £29+£5 delivery then i would recomend looking here RallyDesign

They have the same item for £6 each plus vat and delivery :thumbup

If you drive over-aggresivly with standing starts/ dumping the clutch etc you can rip the NS rubber mount apart

Replacing it with a more solid rubber bobbin is a very good way of stopping that problem.

If you replace both engine mounts you will get a lot of vibration/buzz through the car from the engine

If you're looking at the pair from E-Bay For £29+£5 delivery then i would recomend looking here RallyDesign

They have the same item for £6 each plus vat and delivery :thumbup

:unsure: Do you mean that is possible to change just one mounting(to prevent vibration)?

Thanks again

:unsure: Do you mean that is possible to change just one mounting(to prevent vibration)?

Thanks again

Yes, i just change the NS mount for one of the HD bobbin style ones.

Been running that setup in my road-rally car for a few years now without a problem.

We changed both in my mates car and noticed an increase in the vibration transmitted into the car from the engine.

Yes, i just change the NS mount for one of the HD bobbin style ones.

Been running that setup in my road-rally car for a few years now without a problem.

We changed both in my mates car and noticed an increase in the vibration transmitted into the car from the engine.

Thanks but just to confirm.........which one is better to replace?Either?:unsure:

If you have not got a problem with the original rubber mounts then you don't NEED to change them.

If you have had a problem it will most likely be with the NS mount (to clarify as you have a 2.0 CIH engine thats the starter motor side)

Changing to a HD bobbin on this side will solve the problem (if you have one or you think you might have one) and is a good idea.

Changing both mounts shouldn't be needed, and if you do you will feel an increase in vibration and noise from the engine.

The OS mounts don't normally give a problem as the way the engine rotates pushes into that mount while pulling at the OS which can tear them apart.

Hopefully that clears it up for you :thumbup

If you have not got a problem with the original rubber mounts then you don't NEED to change them.

If you have had a problem it will most likely be with the NS mount (to clarify as you have a 2.0 CIH engine thats the starter motor side)

Changing to a HD bobbin on this side will solve the problem (if you have one or you think you might have one) and is a good idea.

Changing both mounts shouldn't be needed, and if you do you will feel an increase in vibration and noise from the engine.

The OS mounts don't normally give a problem as the way the engine rotates pushes into that mount while pulling at the OS which can tear them apart.

Hopefully that clears it up for you :thumbup

:thumbup You are great!All cleared now.

Thanks again!!

P.S. Also,is it an easy job to replace the mountings or not?

Edited by SENNA1