Manta Gte And 1800 5 Speed Box

turbo16n

Christ almighty! That's the second cheap 1.8 box to whet my appetite recently, there's another further down the parts for sale list gone quiet aswell :huh:

I reckon there's some sort of prank going on, I'll get on to it also: GETRAG 1.8 BOX FOR SALE 50p ono. Tee hee hee..

Well I never got it hence why you had no reply, plus I've checked and there's no reply to my PM either. Nevermind, I'm sure I'll get a replacement box one day.

Being a club member doesn't seem to help with parts trading these days, it does seem a bit wrong so I hope all the chat about this site being primarily for members does come about.

Well I never got it hence why you had no reply, plus I've checked and there's no reply to my PM either. Nevermind, I'm sure I'll get a replacement box one day.

Being a club member doesn't seem to help with parts trading these days, it does seem a bit wrong so I hope all the chat about this site being primarily for members does come about.

So just because i'm not a club member i shouldn't buy or have an interest in buying parts, i dont think making a forum 'members only' is a good thing, somebody is not going to pay a joining fee just to advertise a few parts, keeping them in the garage and making it even harder and more expensive to keep a classic on the road,

So just because i'm not a club member i shouldn't buy or have an interest in buying parts, i dont think making a forum 'members only' is a good thing, somebody is not going to pay a joining fee just to advertise a few parts, keeping them in the garage and making it even harder and more expensive to keep a classic on the road,

i was a fully paid member for years and at the time i paid £200 for a gte gearbox mid 1990 s so i think the price of parts has come down some and the only reason im not a member now is that you pay your money they send you a mag and dont inform your own area rep that your a member so for approx 6 years i didnt exist and the only way i found about this is when the rep approached me and said are you int in joining omoc how shocked was i that i was paying money fur nowt!!!!!!!!!!

Well i,m not a member either and i think its a bad idea making the forum members only. I have given advice/contacts to various people on here for tuning the CIH motors, i don't have a problem sharing info and saving people the headaches that i've had finding stuff or being ripped off by various so called good companies. Other forums don't charge to be on and without Opel GT forum and opel tuners i would not have the info i have today. Guys on those freely share advice, not bothered your a member just that you have the same interest and enthusiasm for opels. My opinion only take it as you will.

Chris

dito the forum should be their to help opel owners for advise /faultfinding and spares etc i take it the club is the same as it was in the 90s as i can recall one of the members asking for funds as he new of a job lot of genuine gm drivers doors and the club said no as they were bring out the new t/shirt all of the other forums are free so why not this one or is the club trying to alienate people from the manta this is just my opinion as there are very few on the road now we all need a little help sometimes!!!

Urm. Well I'm just a bit pissed at asking to buy an item offered, member or not I asked first and sent a PM, heard nothing back and lost it to someone else who as it turns out isn't a club member! Plus it's a sort after item that I would be using on a Manta 1.8 and not for its more common use which technically goes against the clubs objectives.

As for the membership thing, I believe it is only being discussed at present but unless you're a member of the club you won't be able to join in or vote on it :P

Edited by Rick-Manta

think the problem will be when no one rejoins the club, its members money that pays for this web site to be on line. if its all free on here then why pay.The forum all disappears so no one gets to buy/sell/swop ideas and info. that is what we are now coming to due to lack of paying members. this is not a rant just my own opinion :unsure:

Oh the ironing!

If the classified section was restricted to Members only then the gearbox wouldn't have turned up in the first place! We have all missed out on bargains and fair enough it's frustrating but pretty sure it was a comm break down so maybe time to move on. Oh and kudos to the OP for offering the item at a good price in the first place although it appears he would have got more thanks in the long run if he had stuck it on Ebay (as well as twice the price).

Edited by Fermanta