Manifold Hitting Oil Sensor-2.2

Shug

Just fitted a gte manifold to my 2.2, got all excited about fitting my shiny new jetex system only to find out the manifold is sitting on the bloody oil pressure sensor! Surely that can't be right. Is there a different oil sensor available for the 2.2 that needs fitted? Manifold fits to engine, but oil sensor is overlapping on one edge where down pipe is supposed to go.

Just fitted a gte manifold to my 2.2, got all excited about fitting my shiny new jetex system only to find out the manifold is sitting on the bloody oil pressure sensor! Surely that can't be right. Is there a different oil sensor available for the 2.2 that needs fitted? Manifold fits to engine, but oil sensor is overlapping on one edge where down pipe is supposed to go.

If you are using the small sensor with the 90 degree elbow and not the 3.0 sensor that is larger and rounder and doesn't have an elbow but does have a rubbery cover then sounds like you are using the right stuff.

Some people remove the oil pump primer plug and use the elbow in there to stop meltiung sensors under the manifold anyway.

Always check threadsa are right / compatible of course.

Pressure in oil gallery is pressure regardless so why not? So if sender is 2 terminal type....

Moving to the front might save you all the melted wire woes in the future though.

Cheers!

Feeling a little calmer now as well. Even tho I lost a chunk of skin off back of hand as aforementioned oil sensor suddenly became loose!

Remember to wrap the wires going from the oil switch to the bulkhead in something like exhaust manifold heat resistant wrap type material, did mine behind the 4-branch (also wrapped) and had no problems since :D

Might be an idea to replace the wires with new ones while you're at it . . . look forward to seeing your motor running.

Cheers, Colin.

btw, What inlet manifold are you using ???

Hi Shug,

Is it a Bogg Bros manifold?, if so try, if you can, to use the original Yamaha inlet rubber mounts between the carbs and manifold. I've got the part No's somewhere if you need them, it avoids the problems with carbs coming off the manifold due to the vibration that the bike engine doesn't suffer from. It would still do no harm to wrap the oil pressure switch wires in heat resistant materials.

Cheers, Colin.

Edited by vauxsenb