A Billing Build

rayman

• 2 weeks later...

have you replkaced the front bushes at all? only asking as i need a set, top work by the way!

No not had to replace any of the bushes as got no play in any of them and they are in great condition (fell lucky).Ive been told the B has the same bushes apart from a couple but double check .Thanks for the positive :D

looking very tidy, where did you get those springs and shock from? what size rims are you going to use? doing something similar to mine later this year, cheers :thumbup :thumbup

Cheers mate ,got springs with a minus 40mm from a company called MAD motorsport ,rear lowered spax from ebay and fronts are armstrong which also found through ebay international.Total setup was for under £200.If you need number for MAD let me know.I am using a set of 15" mazda mx5 alloys which i nicked off wifes car as they was not original and she didnt like them plus they got perfect offset..mick :thumbup

It's starting to look good, thats how i would like my a to be done but have a long way to go :thumbup

I thought that but just seemed to start coming together all at once.Now ive got the bit i hate the most bodywork :( Keep it up its worth it in the end :thumbup

Edited by rayman

Sorry for posting a stupid questionunsure.gif, but what is the blue stuff that you have sprayed the bottom with ? I have never seen it before, if its dinitrol or something like that its always black here ? ?? ? Please let me know what it is,. and where to purchase biggrin.gif

Hi Montza, i took the original undercoat back with a sander and painted it with about 7ltr of stonechip in total.Then overcoated with 2ltr of RAL5002 two pack paint.Plan is too paint body with candy blue and the RAL colour was the nearest i could find in a base colour .Hope this makes sense ....Mick :thumbup

• 3 weeks later...

Well its all gone pear shaped,pulled my back last week and after a visit to the hospital it looks like another operation is on the cards shortly which is going to lay me up for a while.So unless a miracle happens (or will lottery)looks like car will not be ready for Billing .........BLOODY GUTTED :angry::angry::angry::angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update ....managed to get the bodywork nailed

051.jpg

050.jpg

049.jpg

048.jpg

And tonight got it in primer .So looking forward to the Candy going on,could be fun

052.jpg

053.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

See what you missed tonight Rutts,struggling to breath and a banging ed.Dont worry soon be top coat time

Snap,just a quick flat down then 2ltr of silver ,3ltr of candy blue ,1/2ltr black for stripe and finally 2ltr of clear.Thats next weekend taken care of :lol:

Good work Mick, Do you still want the carb and air filter bracket, I left you my number. Ray.

• 2 weeks later...