A Billing Build

rayman

Nice work Mick, how's the 2k flu coming along :P

aaaaccchhooooo not too bad mate :lol:

awesome progress, think picking out the edge of the stripe with a pinstripe?

Was thinking about that one ...but got inpatient and put the clear on last night :thumbup

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to get a good bit of work done over the past few week,worst of all was all the flatting and polishing (sucks)

007-2.jpg

005-6.jpg

004-6.jpg

002-6.jpg

Have had to put what i think are early front overiders on as the one i bought new didnt fit

001-5.jpg

But managed to modify them nicely to fit onto the rear with help from a grinder

006-6.jpg

which removed these whatever they are

003-5.jpg

Hoping to crack on with the interior and engine next and must remember to say hello to the wife next time i pass her on the stairs :lol:

awesome progress. but i have to say the OPEL sticker ruins it, dont hate me please, just my own personal opinion. otherwise cracking car and looking forward to seeing it.

Cheers mate i am 50/50 as well ,looked ok on the drawing board.I dont mind them just wish i had gone with a dark grey and slightly longer by an inch or two but since i put the clear on im a bit stuck to change em .I dont hate you mate if everyone was the same it would be boring.Next car im not doing silly paint ,going to pin stripe main stripe and maybe leave stickers off(dont tell wife im thinking of another already) :lol:

• 1 month later...

Hia Rayman, hope you car passes the test, as you may know i posted about needing front springs for my A but decided to try MAD sportive as per your post a few pages back, they came back to me with a part number of VV121009 all 4 springs and 40mm lowering, (£138.04 all in with delivery) but he said they fitted from'71 till '85 i think which would be manta A and B??, i thought B spring where different so i was wondering if you could check the part number on your set for me please if you have time, cheers for now John.

Yes that's the part number I have as well.took it today and passed no problems or advisaries.car sits really nice with the mad springs and I would recommend them to anyone. Will put the originals to one side just in case .sorry not hot back earlier due to work and laptop busted ..Mick

Hi Mick, thanks for checking for me, didn't want to order them in case they where wrong, i'll put an order in tomorrow now i know they are right. Glad your car passed, puts a big grin on doesn't it, enjoy, cheers John :thumbup