Gte Digital Dash Conversion.

taylorblue5

Alright people, Jst wondering if anyone has done the Astra gte digital display in a Manta before??

Iv got my dash and trying to source a transducer but im hearing different things.

I think they should have been fitted as standard! Sheer 80's ness, lol. Anyone disagree? lol.

Any info would be helpfull, Cheers, Scotty.

Alright people, Jst wondering if anyone has done the Astra gte digital display in a Manta before??

Iv got my dash and trying to source a transducer but im hearing different things.

I think they should have been fitted as standard! Sheer 80's ness, lol. Anyone disagree? lol.

Any info would be helpfull, Cheers, Scotty.

Astra dash is curved, Manta dash is rectangular-ish !

Carlton/Senator one is what you need.

I,ve a few wiring diagrams, for various models, send me your address and I'll post them, if I can find them !!!

Look through the parts for sale, you may need to go back a few pages as it was a while ago when some chap was selling the binnicle and a couple of the bits you need. I did reply to him as would have been interested in the clock set myself but he never got back to me.

As far as I'm aware the only major hassle apart from fabricating the dash surround onto the binnicle is getting the speedo drive which'll be electronic and not cable operated like the manta. Hopefully the donor car that provides the digital gauges would have it's speedo drive with the same thread as the manta box?!

The Astra dash is narrower than the manta dash (slightly) I have wiring diagrams on mail which I could send. You need the transducer from the astra tho.... I think you may need to also rewire the astra loom to fit the astra ash - I believe the wires are the same colour tho! Consistent or what! Never done this but just from speaking to someone who has!!!

GAZ

I fitted an Astra dash in my old manta, you need to fill in the gaps at either side of the binnacle with some black plastic so it looks right. The wiring is straight forward enough, sure I have the dash somewhere with the tails still on, can hunt it out if you need more specific info for which colour on dash to manta loom?

Only problem I had was I never got the speedo to read right, the astras used either 6impulse transducers and 16imp. Some of the corsas have 15imp ones which fit and carltons have 8imp ones. I bought all of the above and never got it right. Some say your tyre size can cock it up so thats maybe where i went wrong.

I managed to live with the speedo since it looked so cool! B)

Cheers, Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for ur help lads, nearly through it but my astra dash has two different sets of plugs due to me having 2 sets of dash's, iv chosen the cleanest one, lol.

So far only problem is the headlight switch in that my diagram is showing 2 wires from the astra white plug and iv only got one, maybe the others the wrong colour.

Also the manta fuel gauge wire isnt black and blue like the astra's, any ideas? or does anyone have a wiring diagram??

Goin to tackle the speedo transducer jst now, WISH ME LUCK, LOL

Iv got the old Tranducer problem, Rigged up to the box, one wire earthed (brown) one is supposed to be live (red and yellow) there is also a blue and black wire to which i have no idea where it goes?? One of the wires join to the red and blue wire on the white plug.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or able to identify where my problem lies?

Thanx, Scotty.

Iv got the old Tranducer problem, Rigged up to the box, one wire earthed (brown) one is supposed to be live (red and yellow) there is also a blue and black wire to which i have no idea where it goes?? One of the wires join to the red and blue wire on the white plug.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or able to identify where my problem lies?

Thanx, Scotty.

Hi, if i remember correctly i think the black and blue wire goes to the same colour on the back of the clocks, Ive got a set of the astra gte clocks and transducer in garage somewere i,ll have a look tommorow and see if ive still got the wiring diagram