Manta B Hatch 2.0L

Baybutt

hello. I've had this car for about a year and a half and it's been an amazing time. It's not without problems and some cosmetic bits but on the whole it's been great. It got me to Switzerland and back this summer and turned a lot of heads along the way. The reason for the sale is that my girlfriend and I are leaving the country to work in France for the winter and I just don't have anywhere to store it, nor the cash to give it the attention it needs. Before it goes on e bay or anywhere else like that I thought I'd offer it up here first as this place has been so ridiculously supportive throughout my ownership - thank you everyone who's posted when I've had some daft problem or can't work something out for myself. It's the sort of thing that gives me hope if / when we return and I consider another one.

The car is a manta B hatch which was restored in the 90s with a GTE engine and gearbox. That engine died earlier this year and I replaced it with an identical one but with unknown mileage. Numbers have been changed with DVLA. There's a ton of paperwork from the rebuild and a load of photos. There's tax and MOT till May 2011. Cosmetically it needs some work - the wheels and arches need a refurb and there's a bit of rust at the top of the boot lid. I'm based in South East London (Catford) so drop me a line and feel free to come over for a look. I work freelance so during the day might be fine too - get in touch.

I'm looking for offers over £1000

I know people say it all the time, but this really is a reluctant sale! Oh yeah - there's a photo of it on this years OMOC calendar! Fame. Here's a link to the Swis trip - lots of photos of it there www.richardbaybutt.com/manta

Take it easy.

RB

manta11000px.jpg

2A4U2918copy.jpg

2A4U2908copy.jpg

They're some very artistic shots I must say.

Also nice to see a GTE replica again, reminds me of the early 90's where some people made their old early B's look like the later cars which were of course reasonably modern at the time and didn't look like classics. I hope you sell it for what you want and even better if it were to someone in the club. :D

Nice hatch, if i had a spare grand i'd be flying to London and driving that home.

Quality steel on a 'b' and really nice pictures in the post :thumbup

Hmmmmm, where can i get a grand from..........

Need another Manta, Manta, Manta, Manta :blink: Er, Manta :lol:

Edited by Kevin Abbott

• 1 month later...

Hello all - just letting you know I still have the manta and our leaving date is creeping closer (December 2nd). Really could do with selling this soon and here is my first choice of places to do that. Get in touch and make me an offer...

Take it easy.

RB

Nice hatch, if i had a spare grand i'd be flying to London and driving that home.

Quality steel on a 'b' and really nice pictures in the post :thumbup

Hmmmmm, where can i get a grand from..........

Need another Manta, Manta, Manta, Manta :blink: Er, Manta :lol:

Kev you better get sommit to Billing next year, Time you or Danny took car of the show for your workmanship ::)