1979 Manta 1.9 Sr Hatch 37000 Miles Metalic Green

acrallyspares

hi i have a 1979 manta 1.9 sr hatch 37000 miles metalic green runs and drives no tax or test

just put two cills on it ,no other welding needed

shell is really good condition no welding needed any where

chassis never been welded and is mint and does NOT need welding anywhere

its got a full bolt in roll cage in

motordrive seats

3" 5 point harnesses fitted

rest of trim is still in

ring me on 07758561684

i am in sunderland ,,tyne and wear

£££ OFFERS OFFERS OFFERS OFFERS OFFERS £££

tony

Edited by acrallyspares

will take some tomorrow and try and post them.... dont know how to post them tho

There are various threads on here of how to post up pics. You'll need a web based photo account such as photobucket.com. Set up an account and upload the pics to it from your pc. Then open the pic in the photobucket account and point the mouse over it, you'll see a menu tab appear and they'll be an option for 'img code'. Copy and paste this onto your reply and post the reply onto this forum, it will then point this forum where to see the picture rather than downloading the picture on here. Works well though. Good luck.

It also has five 13" ATS alloys with it with good tyres and two brand new rear drums fitted (never been driven since fitting them)

am looking for £650 for the car

any more question please ring or txt me on the above number as i cant get to a computer that often (only at work )

Edited by acrallyspares

If you press the picture.png button just above the text box you type in. Then insert your link in the little box that pops up

The picture will appear in the thread as an image rather than link :thumbup

Like this:

160.jpg

Looks quite nice, but looking through your other pictures on Photobucket i wouldn't be sure the chassis doesn't need welding

The swan neck is showing the early signs of rust pushing through (they rust from the inside out :( )

Does the cage bolt directly to the floor at the front?

Looks like the roof bars over the doors angle down towards the front, do they or is it a trick of the picture?

If you press the picture.png button just above the text box you type in. Then insert your link in the little box that pops up

The picture will appear in the thread as an image rather than link :thumbup

Like this:

160.jpg

Looks quite nice, but looking through your other pictures on Photobucket i wouldn't be sure the chassis doesn't need welding

The swan neck is showing the early signs of rust pushing through (they rust from the inside out :( )

Does the cage bolt directly to the floor at the front?

Looks like the roof bars over the doors angle down towards the front, do they or is it a trick of the picture?

as i state unfinnished project,,, the cage is temp bolted to the floor but need a box mount making to be near the roof line they need to come up about 1"

i have poked around the swan necks and they are solid as stated

Edited by acrallyspares

nice manta good luck with the sale my brother used to own NEC51V, a red sr coupe i loved that car, so yours made me smile when i saw the reg

!!as i state unfinnished project,,, the cage is temp bolted to the floor but need a box mount making to be near the roof line they need to come up about 1"

as i state unfinnished project,,, the cage is temp bolted to the floor but need a box mount making to be near the roof line they need to come up about 1"

Ah that explains the cage, thought that may be the case.

I've played with a lot of manta's that look solid but as i said they rust from the inside out, untill you take the underseal off you can't see it happening.

I'm not having a dig or saying your wrong, just solid ones are few and far between nowadays :(

Good luck with the sale, if i had the cash i'd be up for a look. But too many cars here already :rolleyes:

Ah that explains the cage, thought that may be the case.

I've played with a lot of manta's that look solid but as i said they rust from the inside out, untill you take the underseal off you can't see it happening.

I'm not having a dig or saying your wrong, just solid ones are few and far between nowadays :(

Good luck with the sale, if i had the cash i'd be up for a look. But too many cars here already :rolleyes:

no problem just as i said i have had a good poke at it and it is still solid

Had a few Pre-Facelift hatches, and can say this is typical of the ones I've had.

Bear in mind it has been a few years since I've had one of these. So this is in good nick.

Typical early B doors, don't know why the fcuk the early b doors rust like this, i've had later ones sat outside in the rain for years and are still perfect.

This chap has done all the majority of the hard work I'd expect to see on an early B and this is a psis easy project for someone to finish off, and at a sensible price too.

Good luck with the sale.

Had a few Pre-Facelift hatches, and can say this is typical of the ones I've had.

Bear in mind it has been a few years since I've had one of these. So this is in good nick.

Typical early B doors, don't know why the fcuk the early b doors rust like this, i've had later ones sat outside in the rain for years and are still perfect.

This chap has done all the majority of the hard work I'd expect to see on an early B and this is a psis easy project for someone to finish off, and at a sensible price too.

Good luck with the sale.

hi thanks for the nice coment

this is now SOLD :thumbup

Yep, the swan neck is a typical place where Manta's rot..... espically around the bolt hole etc...........

There are many Manta's that have had bad repairs around this area...............

You can see some good examples of Swan neck / chassis rail rot in the projects section.......

John

• 2 weeks later...