Manta A - Seat Mechanism

MickB

Hi,

It might be a long shot but has anyone got a photo of the way the brackets etc. are for the seats on an A? Or can give me any pointers.

When I bought the car it had a pair of Recaro's fitted that had it's own bracket fitment bolted to the floor, which I have taken out and have been left with what is shown in the photo below (passenger side). I have an original pair of seats and I think all the brackets but don't know how they go.

S5001086.jpg

S5001087.jpg

S5001088.jpg

I am presuming that the front bar of the seat, picture above, bolts directly on to the floor using the bracket.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Mick

Hi,

I've just bin looking at your pics, the front bar should have 2 of them metal brackets and 2 plastic sleave type bushes and yes they do clamp the front bar to the floor. It also looks like you have the rear brackets fitted correctly, but you seem to have one of your plastic runner slide strip pieces missing on the inner rear bracket but your seat should still work ok, just make sure that the hook like thing on the outer side of the bottom of the seat hooks over the outer rail.

hope this helps, but it does look like your nearly there.

Ray :thumbup

Ps- Do you still want the air filter that I'm selling? it will fit straight onto your carb.

Edited by ray70