Tatty Gt/e Hatch

:lol:

Are you guys enthusiastic about old cars, or car enthusiasts who are old?

Tis jolly splendid what, the iron oxide is quite beroque, scoff scoff!

The price of a good quality manta these days has gone up a lot compared to 10 years back, but the rust buckets you could have bought for £100 then are worth £100 now! If anything it's some people thinking the knackers are worth a lot means they DONT get restored, we've all spent a fortune restoring a rough 'un, only an unlucky few spend a fortune on the 'before shot' car :D

HE he, thought that myself Rick, as I typed it up, but in my case Are you guys enthusiastic about old cars, or car enthusiasts who are old Both mate I guess :P;):thumbup

Still have the arguing niggle in my head that any old knacker of a car is an old knacker and regardless of how much a concours one is worth an old knacker is not worth the same amount.

An old knacker is only worth money if someone is interested in attempting to take on the strip down and rebuild to make it worth anything, if no-one is interested in doing this then the car has a SCRAP VALUE only........... And that is simply how it is, I didn't make it that way it just IS that way.

this thread illistrates one of the bad points about this club.

A person puts a Manta up for sale, members of this forum/club dont agree with the asking price so they they put post up ridiculing the car even post personal insults about the seller,a person they dont know or have even had any contact with!!!

What does this say about our club? it suggest that any stranger, even if they have a Manta is fair game for a good slanging and we wonder why club numbers are dropping and Manta owners are joining other clubs....

Addverts on this forum should be restricted to the original poster and genuine enquiries about the item for sale, not open to people voicing thier opinions/criticizing an item they are not intending to buy from a seller they dont know.

this thread illistrates one of the bad points about this club.

A person puts a Manta up for sale, members of this forum/club dont agree with the asking price so they they put post up ridiculing the car even post personal insults about the seller,a person they dont know or have even had any contact with!!!

What does this say about our club? it suggest that any stranger, even if they have a Manta is fair game for a good slanging and we wonder why club numbers are dropping and Manta owners are joining other clubs....

Addverts on this forum should be restricted to the original poster and genuine enquiries about the item for sale, not open to people voicing thier opinions/criticizing an item they are not intending to buy from a seller they dont know.

A shit car is a shit car Ian

I know you would save the roughest Manta out there and fair play to you mate but saying it gives bad blood against the club doesn't follow.

If someone comes on the forum looking for a car and we all say ALL Mantas are great it would then lead to the uninitiated buying rubbish! Do we want that?

No, someone says their Manta is fantasmagorical should then lead to people giving a true opinion of it ;) ;)

Kev

EDIT typo

Edited by Kevin Abbott

So we have a tatty GTE that the guy wants £700.00 and will probably needs a load of work carried out on it. I say this without seeing the car or having had any contact with the seller.

Now we also have on ebay this Manta coupe 2.2 for sale (not mine, do not know the seller or anything else)

Manta 2.2 Coupe

Now being a betting man, which would you be bidding on.? hmmmmm let me have a wild guess............

Have to say the guy has tatse as he has just amended the listing to show the parts that are available by seperate negotiation....... and he has almost all the "shiney bits" that Clive makes.

So a coupe 2.2 (not running, no MOT) and loads of Shiney bits v a £700 hatch that does look very sorry for itself.

Now saying that I am a hatch man through and through.

John

Edited by 2908642343

He he I love this thread.

A shit car is a shit car Ian

I know you would save the roughest Manta out there and fair play to you mate but saying it gives bad blood against the club doesn't follow.

If someone comes on the forum looking for a car and we all say ALL Mantas are great it would then lead to the uninitiated buying rubbish! Do we want that?

No, someone says their Manta is fantasmagorical should then lead to people giving a true opinion of it ;) ;)

Kev

As per Kev, can't agree more, and there have been a few posts up that I didn't agree with, this is only where not the CLUB but the typed word falls down. For instance if some of the typed up stuff on here in support of said car were to be voiced to me in the real world I would have said something along the lines of "F off, your talking 8ollucs it's looks a right ol' piece o' 5hite" but to type that up here it would not have the smile on my face or the tone of voice it would be said in, in a male type down the pub banterish type of way.

As previously said.... there was a bit of support I didn't agree with but heck, I'm pretty damn sure we are all allowed our own opinions, and I'm pretty damn sure we can all stand a bit of criticism if people don't want to agree with our respective opinions............... IT'S WHEN THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN, OR IS FROWNED ON,THAT THE CLUB APPEARS IN A BAD LIGHT ON THIS FORUM.

Well

it appears that the car has been relisted under a different name.

Price is now £475 and the seller has added the following:-

FOR ALL YOU IDIOT'S OUT THERE. NO I WILL NOT NOT EXCEPT £200 I WILL GET THAT SCRAP FOR IT. IF YOU CAN FIND ONE FOR £200 GO AND BUY IT! CAR IS £475 YOU AINT GOT IT DONT CONTACT ME.

SORRY TO ALL YOU GENUINE PEOPLE.

At the end of the day it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

The seller thinks it is worh £475 so good luck to him / her

If there is someone willing to pay the money for it then good luck to the seller and buyer.

John

^ It's still 'bad' publicity, as we've all been made aware that the seller is a bit of nasty piece of work thanks to Lewis, and most of us have realised the clueless idiocy from the outset. It's nice how we can be accused for taking the piss when lets face it, that's exactly what the seller is doing to us and insulting the intelligence of anyone who knows more about mantas than him (which would be the rest of the entire population in fact!)

It's been said a few times now, a car's worth whatever anyone is willing to pay, well it's obvious from the sellers comments on his dodgy relist (and yes it is dodgy, three different ebay accounts!) this car is worth £200!