Not A Manta, But My Dad's New Project Bitter

spiney_norman

Should be picking this up in a few weeks time. Came across it by chance, the person selling it came on behalf of a friend of his to collect a car from my Dad that we'd sold on ebay. We got talking, he spotted all the Mantas, Cavaliers and Senators sitting around at my Dad's place and mentioned he had a Bitter stored away in a barn for the last few years. Anyway, a few e-mails later and a deal was struck for a part-ex, meaning he's taking my Dad's Royale coupe which we'd been trying to sell for a while.

This was the '85 UK Motor Show car, so it's got all the goodies; bigger rear wheels, cruise control, 3.9 engine, etc. Needs some work, but it should be good for some shows next year!

SP_A0084jpgsrc.jpg

SP_A0085jpgsrc.jpg

SP_A0086jpgsrc.jpg

SP_A0109jpgsrc.jpg

SP_A0112jpgsrc.jpg

SP_A0133jpgsrc.jpg

SP_A0129jpgsrc.jpg

Wow i haven't seen one of these for ages, i went on holiday to London about 10 years ago and there was a C reg one on the road where we were staying think it was a 4 door thow???? i do no these are based on the Monsa / senator, (look at wheels) Nice rare car mate :thumbup

Looks very nice

You'll want to be speaking to this guy

http://www.bitter-parts.com/

Achim Vinson, he's a very good friend, at the moment i'm building his Senator A and he is also very good friends with Nick & Jo Webb

Send him an email with the vehicle details and he should be able to get you some history/info on the car. At the moment i think he has at least half a dozen of these at his place in NC

Cheers

Andy

check carefully the innerwings (are the same as monza / senator), and the rust like hell also hard to find.

also the 3.9 has very bad reputation in cooling, check if cylindergasket is not leaking

Guy in Germany who bought the stock of bitter parts, there are still bodyparts available but very expensive

they also built convertible, some weeks ago barn did burn oft to the ground with 20 opels in it four bitters one of them convertible, schocking

if you need more info mail to paul.gijssen@zonnet.nl

Don't know if you've seen this:

Link

:thumbup

Hadn't seen that, but thanks, some very interesting info there!

Looks very nice

You'll want to be speaking to this guy

http://www.bitter-parts.com/

Achim Vinson, he's a very good friend, at the moment i'm building his Senator A and he is also very good friends with Nick & Jo Webb

Send him an email with the vehicle details and he should be able to get you some history/info on the car. At the moment i think he has at least half a dozen of these at his place in NC

Cheers

Andy

Cheers for that Andy, I'll get in touch with him :thumbup

check carefully the innerwings (are the same as monza / senator), and the rust like hell also hard to find.

also the 3.9 has very bad reputation in cooling, check if cylindergasket is not leaking

Guy in Germany who bought the stock of bitter parts, there are still bodyparts available but very expensive

they also built convertible, some weeks ago barn did burn oft to the ground with 20 opels in it four bitters one of them convertible, schocking

if you need more info mail to paul.gijssen@zonnet.nl

Yeah, the off side inner wing on this one seems pretty dodgy, but if we can't get hold of another one elsewhere we've got a brand new GM OSF inner wing section we can use on it. Engine should be fine though, it had £2000 spent on it a couple of years ago, and it's only done about 150 miles since!

Hadn't seen that, but thanks, some very interesting info there!

Cheers for that Andy, I'll get in touch with him :thumbup

Yeah, the off side inner wing on this one seems pretty dodgy, but if we can't get hold of another one elsewhere we've got a brand new GM OSF inner wing section we can use on it. Engine should be fine though, it had £2000 spent on it a couple of years ago, and it's only done about 150 miles since!

i have a brand new gm inner wing not sure what side it is thou.will have to get it out & check.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked her up today:

Image649.jpg

Image648.jpg

Only just got it on the trailer, it's much longer than we thought!

Needs a lock set, which should be easy enough to sort out since they're shared with Senators and Monzas, and some fresh petrol to get it running.

cam.in.head, did you find the inner wing in the end, and if so would you be willing to part with it?

• 2 weeks later...