Hello,

I need some help to clarify some questions

In other day it apears on ebay a oil cooler temp valve

OilCoolertempvalve.jpg

" OIL COOLER TEMPERATURE VALVE CIH Engines

GM part number

90 231 029 with threaded connector 90169105

Description

Fits between oil filter and oil pump/timing casing on CIH engines with oil cooler.

Application

Opel Monza, Senator A, Senator B, Carlton GSi, CDX, etc. with 2.5, 3.0 12v engines 25E, 30E, 30NE, C30NE.

Also Frontera 23TD. "

I ask if it wil works to my 1.9 S cih they answer that will work.

My question is what temp it will opens to cool down the oil? Yesterday i was in a german forum and i read that in monza oil cooler opens at 110 ºC if that is true i think it will be to high to my 1.9s

Any one try this oil cooler valve in is CIH engine?

Thanks

There is only one stat available from GM that does the complete range of CIH engines as this is normaly on found on the big straight six motors.

The Stat in these coolers isn't that good as i've had a few new ones that don't open, not much of a problem on a road car but one was a track Monza and it helped to blow the bottom out.

You could leave the stat out but then the oil will never get to the correct working temp or pop the stat out and check its working

Cheers

Andy

There is only one stat available from GM that does the complete range of CIH engines as this is normaly on found on the big straight six motors.

The Stat in these coolers isn't that good as i've had a few new ones that don't open, not much of a problem on a road car but one was a track Monza and it helped to blow the bottom out.

You could leave the stat out but then the oil will never get to the correct working temp or pop the stat out and check its working

Cheers

Andy

Hello Andy,

Thanks, with your info now i know that will fit my 1.9 :)

I can take the stat out and fit a generic (mocal for example) in the oil lines but i like the clean look that this give.

Do you know want temp the stat opens?

What will be the correct oil temp to 1.9 CIH engine?

Thanks

Hi Mate

Sorry got no idea what temp these work at but i would say to need a cooler on a 1.9 your got to be ragging the nuts of the motor, what are you using the motor for, rally/rallycross?

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

I'm not planing doing rally, but i hope to do some track days, the manta is to cruising and to enjoy the road in is maximum, so i'm thinking to improve the cooler, i'm thinking in a electric fan and 13row oil cooler maibe is to much.

To the engine i have a kent op244 and the kent vernier pulley, lexmaul springs, and dual dellorto 40's (hope to buy enlarge valves 45/40 and port the head)

• 1 year later...

Hello.

I have oil cooler,adaptor plate and all other bits from 23TD engine'

1337276156.jpg

1337276154.jpg

Cih on the left,Red top plate on right.

Want to put temp valve out and check if it works.When checking cooler termostat,it needs to be boiled.Well,oil temp valve opens above 100 degrees.How it could be checked?