Rear Disc Conversion Q´s

monzta

On my  Manta I have Cossy/4x4 vented discs with Cosworth/Granada calipers, when I fit my Commodore shafts I plan to use Granada 4x4 vented 5 stud discs with the same caliper...think I need to enlarge the stud holes, but need to check...

ps how much did you shorten the Commodore shafts by to fit the Manta axle..

Mantareardisc001

• Like 1

I Havent Shortened Them.I Expect them to be Approx 7-8mm too long But I need to Trim about 1.5mm off the Shafts at the Bearing End as I can't Find any Bearings for Std Manta Axle to Commodore Shafts (72mm x 36.5 mm x 21mm) So I'll Machine 1.5mm off them and Can Get 72x35x27 Bearings and I Intend to Make a Spacer Plate of 6mm to fit to the Axle Each Side to make up the Difference.This Will Give me Something to Fabricate a Bracket to for to fit Astra Mk4 Calipers and  it Also Widens the Axle which will help to Fill Out the Arches.

If You Don't Want a Wider Axle like I'm Doing,You'd be Able to Cut the 6mm off the Shafts and Still Have Enough Spline Lenght in the Diff.Also 70x35x21mm Bearings are Readily Available,Which is the Right Depth for the Manta Axle

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 29/04/2020 at 23:37, Jessopia74 said:

What is the od of the flange?

I usually just use the Brembo part finder to try and match up.

https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/catalogue/size?producttype=Disc&diameter=330&th=28

BMW would be a good starting point I guess for the 5x120, quick look E36 316 compact

Very good link, I am also looking a vented rear disc with a small offset to fit my 5 stud Commodore shafts....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GTEPETE said:

Very good link, I am also looking a vented rear disc with a small offset to fit my 5 stud Commodore shafts....

Do you know what calipers you will be using yet? Mk4 Astra?

Obviously you are limited to 120mm pcd, so maybe a smaller/earlier bmw front 

4 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Good thing about bmw discs is already the right pcd too. Like that setup 👍

Went for the simple option!! Discs straight on, standard handbrake cable hooks straight up to those callipers and they seem to stop ok (Need it now with the motor in!!) 🙂

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 611 said:

Went for the simple option!! Discs straight on, standard handbrake cable hooks straight up to those callipers and they seem to stop ok (Need it now with the motor in!!) 🙂

Saves  me looking through the catalogue for figments too 😁 I guess it will look quiet oem with original h/brake cable too.

• Like 1