Rear Disc Conversion Q´s

On my  Manta I have Cossy/4x4 vented discs with Cosworth/Granada calipers, when I fit my Commodore shafts I plan to use Granada 4x4 vented 5 stud discs with the same caliper...think I need to enlarge the stud holes, but need to check...

ps how much did you shorten the Commodore shafts by to fit the Manta axle..

Mantareardisc001

• Like 1
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mentioned this further up, and I know it may not be much use to some, but forget the old ford calipers as they are rather heavy these days, use mk4 astra alloy rear calipers and discs, they go strai

Last rear disc conversion we did was MK4 astra rear discs and calipers and bolt on brackets. All bolt-on, picks up on 3 of the axle tube to backplate bolts and the great bit is that the astra handbrak

On my  Manta I have Cossy/4x4 vented discs with Cosworth/Granada calipers, when I fit my Commodore shafts I plan to use Granada 4x4 vented 5 stud discs with the same caliper...think I need to enlarge

Posted Images

I Havent Shortened Them.I Expect them to be Approx 7-8mm too long But I need to Trim about 1.5mm off the Shafts at the Bearing End as I can't Find any Bearings for Std Manta Axle to Commodore Shafts (72mm x 36.5 mm x 21mm) So I'll Machine 1.5mm off them and Can Get 72x35x27 Bearings and I Intend to Make a Spacer Plate of 6mm to fit to the Axle Each Side to make up the Difference.This Will Give me Something to Fabricate a Bracket to for to fit Astra Mk4 Calipers and  it Also Widens the Axle which will help to Fill Out the Arches.

If You Don't Want a Wider Axle like I'm Doing,You'd be Able to Cut the 6mm off the Shafts and Still Have Enough Spline Lenght in the Diff.Also 70x35x21mm Bearings are Readily Available,Which is the Right Depth for the Manta Axle

• Like 1