Xe Into Manta Silicon Hoses Gauging Interest

opel2000

As per the above title, i have been talking to a Silicon hose manufacturer, initial thoughts were for top and bottom Rad hoses. but got swung round to thinking that a complete hose that exits the water pump area and swings round to the rad with the 2 outlets for the inlet manifold and heater hose incorporated.

If the bottom hose was made as a one piece item it could work out quite expensive, but as hoses and the little metal water joiner are getting sparse, yet alone hoses now not at their peak strength, I personally think this may be of interest.

Prices.......... At the moment i haven't got a clue, it would really depend upon what route customers would like to take.....

i.e. metal hose joiner and 2 bottom rad hoses

or a complete one piece bottom rad hose.

I will only chase this up if any interest is shown on here, as I was originally consulting the hose manufacturers for different (non manta) items.

Will say one thing though...... just how damn nice shiney black Silicon hoses would look on a Manta. (red bue and green available too)

Not gonna be making money on these, well petrol money for the corsa to collect them and post would be about it. so will put my name down as a potential interested party.

1. opel2000 (Clive)

Edited by opel2000

As per the above title, i have been talking to a Silicon hose manufacturer, initial thoughts were for top and bottom Rad hoses. but got swung round to thinking that a complete hose that exits the water pump area and swings round to the rad with the 2 outlets for the inlet manifold and heater hose incorporated.

If the bottom hose was made as a one piece item it could work out quite expensive, but as hoses and the little metal water joiner are getting sparse, yet alone hoses now not at their peak strength, I personally think this may be of interest.

Prices.......... At the moment i haven't got a clue, it would really depend upon what route customers would like to take.....

i.e. metal hose joiner and 2 bottom rad hoses

or a complete one piece bottom rad hose.

I will only chase this up if any interest is shown on here, as I was originally consulting the hose manufacturers for different (non manta) items.

Will say one thing though...... just how damn nice shiney black Silicon hoses would look on a Manta. (red bue and green available too)

Not gonna be making money on these, well petrol money for the corsa to collect them and post would be about it. so will put my name down as a potential interested party.

1. opel2000 (Clive)

2. monkeynuts (jason)

I'd also be interested in these depending on price. It would also be good if they could make the hoses from the water outlet at the back of the head to the heater matrix and the other pipe from the matrix to the bottom radiator hose outlet. The nice silicone pipes would make my other " Jubilee clip city" pipes look a bit nasty. Samco do a nice dull grey hose I think they call their" classic range". Luke. ( 399road )

Heck Fella's

That is a damn good response over a short period of time..

The hose manufs should have some non related to this topic items ready for me today, so in a minute I shall be removing the hoses off of my Manta and getting some prices from them.

2.0 Cih

Yes Rab, I do appreciate the need for the Cih, but at the moment there was a pretty immediate requirement to look into these, if price and interest stays good then I shall look into the Cih.

Price may well be dependant upon the amount of people wanting to purchase these, as I was talking about trade rates for a batch to be made up rather than one or two sets here and there.

Heater hoses, from head to heater Matrix 2.0 XE transplant.

Again I quite appreciate what is being said here, because as soon as something nice is fitted it does highlight bad areas or cities of hose clips.

If the initial enquiry for the rad hoses goes well then I will discuss with the manufs the best route to take with the heater hoses, as there could be a cheaper route to take using 2 hoses and an out of sight connector over 1 more expensive hose if you get my drift.

Will simply be trying to strike a balance of a good product at as good a price as possible.

Many thanks for the response on this fella's :thumbup

yes please add me to the list

1. opel2000 (Clive)

2. monkeynuts (jason)

3. Rab

4. carmad

5. cact1972 (Curt)

6. MadManx (John)

7. Mrbus

8. Kev Abbott

9. Robah (rob)

10. 2908642343 (John)

11. Devil Fish

12. Lepo5

13 rutts

14.davo

My hoses are at the Manufacturers, they did tell me they would "possibly" be getting back to me with a price today, but no email waiting for me, they are very busy but will chase them up before the weekend to see what they have come up with.

Best not lose my hoses though, took me bloody ages to get hold of them, but then again may not be needing them soon.

I have these fitted to my CIH so it is possible to get them if you look.

They are not custom jobs but just bought off of ebay.

10102010196.jpg

10102010198.jpg

Sorry for the highjack.

Ta,

Deano.

Hi Deano,Thanks.

Yup know of, but inj hoses differ fae carb variant.

PS.

Hi Clive.

When chattin to manuf re XE oni chance drappin in thur ear fir cih also !Please.

Awer thi best Rab.