Manta / Ascona 400 Registrar...?

ascona400r

Hello, was wondering if there was anyway of checking if a 400 Manta / Ascona is the real deal via the chassis number.

Basically what i need is to check via a list rather than through Swansea as the car in question is in Germany and i was emailed the chassis number from the seller....

I'd guess someone has the list of original 400 chassis numbers....

Cheers Brian

If it's cheap ,it aint one !

If it's expensive it possibly is one <_<

As they weren't built as road cars, I personnally wouldn't have thought there would be a record of chassis numbers as they were taken willy nilly of the production line ! I think !!!!! :lol:

good question, I don't know of a list.

There were obviously "road" build manta 400's, and I would think there would be a list of chassis numbers somewhere. However, if its either a rally car or used to be a rally car then it could have been built by a factory approved team, and then who knows what vin plate it had! A lot of ascona 400's fit this bill.

So any one know of any ROAD built 400's then ???

As they were built before group B regs, then homologation would mean 5000 built instead of 500. As it is profile appearance that counts then the general run of cars would suffice . How many of the worlds greatest rally car. the Lancia Delta ,were built to conform with the abolision of group b.

It was the HF 4x4 originally and NOT the Integrale.Caught out Ford and Audi and all the rest. :)

I don't know of a list, but wouldn't be suprised if there was. However if you can get a photo of the VIN plate, the interior trim code being correct for the Blitz interior would make it more likely to be a genuine one.

That said, if there is no list, then a car with all the correct bits may as well be genuine! :blink:

Here's a Genuine one for Sale

http://www.pistonhea...les/2539815.htm

Hmmm.... nice collection there! I spy Peugeot 205 T16, Renault Alpine and Kadett Coupe :blink:

I don't know of a list, but wouldn't be suprised if there was. However if you can get a photo of the VIN plate, the interior trim code being correct for the Blitz interior would make it more likely to be a genuine one.

That said, if there is no list, then a car with all the correct bits may as well be genuine! :blink:

Hmmm.... nice collection there! I spy Peugeot 205 T16, Renault Alpine and Kadett Coupe :blink:

Sorted now alright, here the copy of an email i received yesterday from my contact in Germany...

Hello Brian.

Here the Information from Opel Germany:

Fahrgestellnummer / Chassis Number : W0L************

Modell : Manta B, Coupe, 2-türig

Motornummer/Engine Number : 0000***

Motortyp /Engine Type : 2400 E

Getriebenummer /Gearboxnumber : unbekannt(not Available), 5-gang manuell

Farbe /Colour : Polarweiss

Polster / Interior Trim COde : Schwarz /Black (Webvelours)

Versanddatum /Date of Delivery : 19.11.1983

Land /Country : Germany

Engine type being 2400 E indicates she is a proper 400.... the schwarz/ Black (webvelours) must mean blitz interior.

Cheers

Edited by ascona400r