Manta Parts

Joe

I've decided to sell off a lot of Manta B & C parts I've collected over the last few years. I'm keeping those I need to keep my car

on the road but I've amassed so much stuff I'll never need that it's time to get rid of it.

I've thought about trying to list it individually but there's so much that it's probably better to let people tell me what they need

and I'll see if I've got it. eBay was just too daunting and despite certain previous disappointments, I still have some happy memories

of the Club so I thought I'd try here first.

In case anyone remembers the 'Landyloon' fiasco on here from a few years ago, I'm not him, I do exist (at Fleckney, near Leicester)

and the parts exist too. Ask the more long standing members about me if you're new to the Club.

To give you a brief idea, there's a couple of used boot lids (coupé), several used door shells (mainly early 'B'), the usual

post-1982 front plastic bumper, a complete used front suspension and crossmember from my 1.8 hatch (in rather better condition than you'd expect),

a couple of used front wings, an early steering wheel, loads of new standard aftermarket shocks and springs, a set of new standard Manta discs, a set of new brake drums etc etc.

There is also a some used 1970s chrome trim, rear plastic bumpers, glass, and too many fiddly odds and ends to think of. There's also a used two slot

nosecone which isn't too bad (it had been cut off 2" into the engine bay) but would need some attention.

I don't have any of the 1.8 16V conversion parts (sump, gearbox, engine mounts), any hatch fuel tanks, voltage regulators, much in the way of interior trim or other major body panels.

Prices? Well for the odds and ends, I'm not expecting too much and whatever the going eBay rate is for anything else (not 99p for a wing though....!)

Please contact me at anjoe ' at ' btopenworld.com with your requirements, and kindly don't post them on here or 'PM' me as I don't look at the site much these days (except today, obviously!)

I will post smaller bits, but the larger ones will obviously be collection only I'm afraid. (Leicester LE8 area).

Thanks for looking (& 'hello' to anyone who remembers me),

Joe Greaves.

Edited by Joe

Thanks for the kind words folks.

From a bit more digging this morning there are a few rear lights (how rare are they - ho ho!) with both red (rather well faded)

and black surrounds, a few centre consoles,various electrical bits and a standard rear axle from a 1978 Cavalier Coupé (internal condition unknown though), etc etc.

I've also a lot of the front subframe parts that I'd stripped in my pet Deox-C rust remover that are still in remarkably good order if you want to

save having to clean up your rusty ones.

Anyhow, please e-mail me with your wants. (anjoe 'at' btopenworld.com).

Thanks to Daz for his message too!

Cheers,

Joe.

Edited by Joe

Rab & Clive, delightful to hear from you and I hope you're both thriving!

I've also now replied to every enquiry so far, so if anyone hasn't received my message, please check your spam filters.

Thanks very much,

Joe.

Edited by Joe

Hi Shug & Toni (sorry Mr Mod, waffle on a 'for sale' page again!), Good to hear from you too.

The bike carbs have been fantastic and I've driven over 4000 miles on them now. They'll be out and about again later this year.

The following are all Manta B (& C) parts:

Just to let folks know, there's a few good used doors (from £80 downwards), a pair of new standard rear shocks

(a GM set - make me an offer), a new set of standard 246mm solid front discs (ditto), a pair of new genuine GM front indicators, complete, for the 'A' and early 'B' (£30 the pair, plus p&p), and various centre consoles and used front and back bumpers (Coupé rears).

More stuff will no doubt emerge from the roof over the coming days.

Please contact me on anjoe 'at' btopenworld.com for the fastest response.

Thanks folks,

Joe.

Edited by Joe

Thanks folks. You're all very kind and I'm most flattered that my absence has been noticed.

Kev, I suspect that by now, Landyloon is enjoying permanent hospitality at the taxpayer's expense in one of Her Majesty's finest hostels.

All the best,

Joe.

Edited by Joe

A big thank you to Ian & Mick, and Daz & Martin for making the long journeys down here yesterday to buy some parts from me.

Next week, I'll try to revise this advert to list the stuff more simply with prices etc. Please bear with me on this.

Thanks,

Joe.

Hi Ben,

I'm flourishing thanks and I'm very glad to hear NOOP is on the road again. That is a lovely blue, and I still think 'he' looks great.

I hope you're fine too.

The new spring sets are probably already sold. I might have some used GT/E springs but to be honest, I don't know. I broke several 1.8s,

a GT/E hatch and a GT/E Exclusive a good few years ago. Can you (or anyone) tell me what to look for to identify the different types please?

I can't even remember how to tell the difference between the front and rear sets at present. How embarrassing!

To everyone awaiting photos etc from me, please be patient. I'm somewhat busier work wise this week than last,

and I'll get them to you as soon as I can.

Thanks for any help on the springs.

All the best,

Joe.

Edited by Joe