1981 Vauxhall Cavalier 1600Gl Sports Hatch

XL391

Gutted I’m doing this! :( However…

1981 Vauxhall Cavalier 1600GL Sports Hatch

First registered on the 3rd June 1981 which I’d imagine would make it one of the last to be registered, I have had this fantastic motor since July 2007.

The only reason I’m selling is because a change of job has meant I’ve had to buy another car for the everyday commute and 3 cars are a bit too many if I’m being honest!

See this link for a summary of all the work carried out and some pictures. The car comes with MOT until September, it has flew through the last 3 tests with no advisories apart from replacement brake pads. It’s had 5 owners including me from new. It has done 82k miles. Engine is the original unit and is in good health with excellent oil pressure and it's a non smoker. Oil has been changed every 3000 miles while it’s been in my ownership.

For the age of the car and considering it lives outside, it is in good fettle bodily though, unsurprisingly, there are a few areas of corrosion. I removed all of the interior last year and waxoyled the entire shell.

Comes with the original handbook and service book but please note that the car will be returned to standard configuration with the clear indicators, the Manta rear lights and the Manta steering wheel being replaced with the standard parts. These are available separately. It is currently on SORN as of January this year.

I’m in Merseyside and I’m asking £895 ono.

Please PM for any other details.

Hi, well i have to say it's a stunner really, ive had my cav saloon 10 years, i have 2 yanks as well, but i have to say, the cavalier is the one thats the fav, a joy to drive, i would really like this one, love the colour,and it would have a good home, but as said 3 cars plus an eagle jeep project, if i can sell the jeep in time and it's still available i will be in touch

cheers

lee

• 2 weeks later...