North West Manta!

adz the stig

well i'm going to be buying tires for the alloy wheel soon. have been looking for 205 50 r13 i cant find any with out costing a arm and a leg. so i'l going to go for 205 60 r13's for £60 each from demon tweeks. see how they look. also dose anyone know a good thread or something to keep me right when wirering my twin lights up??

or might go for the r888's for £101 just coz they look the dogs!!!

well i'm going to be buying tires for the alloy wheel soon. have been looking for 205 50 r13 i cant find any with out costing a arm and a leg. so i'l going to go for 205 60 r13's for £60 each from demon tweeks. see how they look. also dose anyone know a good thread or something to keep me right when wirering my twin lights up??

or might go for the r888's for £101 just coz they look the dogs!!!

Fire down to inverness 1 w.e and ill help you with the lights ,

Didnt even no u had a thread on here adam ,

Kevin

• 4 weeks later...

i'm stuck! i fitted my twin lights today. can some one please tell me what job each light is ment to do. like my to outer lights are my head and dip and the two iner lights are my side lights. because right now the side lights would blind you from miles away!!!!! they are that bright you cant tell if the head and dip lights are even ON! have i got the wrong bulbs in?? or do i have to change the wiring?

The outer ones should be side and dip, possibly also main. Do you have a small bulb in a hole in the bottom, and a twin or single filament main headlamp bulb. Inners should be a single filament main bulb only, for main beam only.

However, many different combinations are possible.

If you'd like to post a pic of the back of the lamps, I should be able to guide you through it.

Cheers

David

Side light is a small 5 watt bulb, can be in either the outer or inner as long as its there.

If the outer hads high and low beams, you will need to wire a relay into the system to work the inner mains too. If you try and work all four off the single supplies you could overload the wiring.

Cheers

D

You have there a 7" rim and what i think is a 6mm inset and an 8mm rim witha 6mm offset.

Chris

Exactly. As the 7" rims has a inset with 6mm this gives you a total of 95mm rim from the mounting surface. The rear ones even though they are 8" rims gives you the same 95 mm of rim from the mounting surface.

So what i am saying is that on the outside of the car the rims will look almost identical as the lip of the rims will be almost the same. But the rear ones will go further in under the car than the front ones.

Looks like its a matched set you got there, and you should consider yourself fortunate :thumbup

Regarding the lights i used to drive with a set of H4 bulbs in all 4 holes. Gives a really good light. But originally the outer lights are for side light and driving light. The inner ones are only for high beam, and should be a H1 bulb or similar ?

Edited by monzta

• 4 weeks later...

I`ve just wired up the twin lights in my 85 hatch,

(with a little help from dougcae on here )

The lenses in my lights are as follows:

The 2x outside ones are side light and dip = H1 bulb and i think side light is a RB 233 Small bulb

The 2x inner lights are the full beam = H1

Near Side Front Wire Colours (standard on 85 manta hatch)

Grey/Black wire + and Brown is to the sidelight,

Yellow + Brown is to the Dip Beam

White + Brown is to the Full beam

Off Side Front Wire Colours

Grey/Red wire + and Brown is to the Sidelight

Yellow + Brown is to the Dip Beam

White + Brown is to the Full Beam

You will have to extend the brown wires to each cluster , Brown = Negitive earth,

See how you get on with that mate ,

I`ll help you as much as i can ,

I`ve 3x spare lenses you can have , (think they are your old ones?)

1x cluster takes a H1 bulb

The other 2x are what looks like sealed beam units ,

Depends what lenses you have yourself? = different combinations are possible as said in previous posts

Kev

• 3 weeks later...

wire them to a toggle switch with inline fuse&realy directley to battery thats what i always done adam use the same relay as your twin lights!! and mind get they wheels cleaned boyo !!!good pics by the way!!

Get em wheels cleaned stud,

ive got the same ones for my hatch ,

just got em back from sandblasting in ness, really good job - £50 for 5x to be done, (pro furb)

looks better with the twin lights by far . .

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

hi aye guys thought I would up date this a little. been busy doing other things but after I get back from holiday the manta will be getting painted tidyed up. sold the hilux to get her painted at the start of the year but the lassie left me so I went on a drinkin single bender haha! got some cheep 17s to cheer the manta up tho :) planning lowering her now. but before that she'll be getting her spots fitted and like I said painted. im now 90% sure im not going to put a redtop in her. rather maybe just tune her a little. tho I wouldn't mind swapping her with some one with a redtop'd manta coupe. I just don't want to be the one that kills her originalty.

so planning

spots fitted

painted

k&n cone filter

exaust something sporty sounding

lowered

comp MOs

and that's about it. not all this year tho.

IMG_0022.jpg

• Like 1