North West Manta!

adz the stig

The only rust free manta is one that's been completely back to bare metal and fully restored.

For an unrestored car, that is in pretty damn good condition (big dents and wonky bits aside!)

Edited by Shug

No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

Forget what people say it "looks like"

The only thing that mattes is your tape measure. Start checking diagonals. If possible get the body dimensions and check against manufacturers dimensions.

A simple nose pushed across job or back pushed across is easy enough to fix. If it has bent in the middle it gets harder. Not impossible but harder. You need to know what is straight and what is not before you start.

I've straightened cars that were so bent they were rocking on three wheels with blocks of wood, a spirit level and tape measure. That and setting the car up level on solid concrete on blocks and using manta jacks modified and bolted to the floor to pull the shell about, that or my car spanner on one of a mates for moving the front 4" across.

Thing with straightening is I do a bend, measure, wait 24 hours see how much it has flexed back and use that to calculate how much too far to push it so next time it flexes back it is right.

Of course this is just stuff I have done to solve problems and I do not recommend those methods to anyone.

No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

Is there any guys that would be able to fix this? Retro power? Really wanting it done right. Found one garage in Aberdeen with a jig. I don't think the cars that bent might have flexed more than anything. The boot and rear quarter are a different story tho. Think it's been pushed up a little

There's a lad in Lotland street in Inverness that I believe has a jig . He might be able to help. I don't know his name but he is in one of the small sheds beside Roy homes.. Always a stock car or something similar out side it... He's supposed to be very good.. I have a bare shell on a spit if you need measurments...Gutted for you my boy .

I know where you meaning matey! Thanks for that next time I'm down in the capital I'll pop in and see him. Was going over it lastnight. When your under it it dosent look bad lol. Bad day when the oily side looks better then the shinny side

• Like 1

null-26.jpgWith removing the bent panels the other panels have relaxed and lining up now. But not the boot yet. Bottom hinge has been bent and push to the rear so won't let me close the straight door. Just wanted it water tight.

It's in Cardiff, but being honest you can have anything delivered anywhere and maybe not as difficult or as much as you think!! Item number is 121159891415. The seller also has a variety of other manta B parts.

Not needed, adjustables fit onto the flat steel between

If the spot welds brake inside you either need to hole the outer skin or drill and plug weld behind ECU

I WOULDN'T PUT ANY LOAD ON THE HINGE PIN EARS IN CASE THEY FATIGUE AND COME OFF