North West Manta!

adz the stig

• 5 months later...

Well boys and girls as above I did get a rover that can get to fuck! Rubbish!! Selling it now £2000 if anyone wants it. Offers.

But more importantly my manta she is now getting sorted :) at the body shop now (needing a rear quarter) hopefully might have a whole coupe for spares. But we'll see if it comes about. So she is on the road to recovery :) the thought of her being fixed near brings a tear to my eye! Love the car. Not long now until she is showing up the modern pish!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have just put my hatch back on the road not driven it for four years as soon as I got behind the wheel and fired it down the road it made me realise why I love mantas. I was gutted when I read your project thread and was glad you did not give up on your coupe. As I said my coupe is exactly the same as yours and I hope to have it on the road next year and look forward to seeing yours back to as new .

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate. Can't give up on her. There will always be some thing I can do she will be sorted. No car will ever put a smile on my face like the manta. Even when she went flat if I never started her for a couple of days haha love it!!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Just trying to up load some pictures lol

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Took the axle off to paint it. What's the best paint to paint it with?? And the underside of the car?? I've got lowering springs/harder with fancy shocks. Going to but fancy rear brake drums and new rear brake Pistons. The drivers side read shock was totally knackered. So wouldn't have helped me spinning out. 

Next picture 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, adz the stig said:

Just trying to up load some pictures lol

Took the axle off to paint it. What's the best paint to paint it with?? And the underside of the car?? I've got lowering springs/harder with fancy shocks. Going to but fancy rear brake drums and new rear brake Pistons. The drivers side read shock was totally knackered. So wouldn't have helped me spinning out. 

Next picture 

:DB):thumbup

• 1 month later...

totally new brakes for the back. Where do you guys get your drums from? eBay? Getting polly bushes for the whole car from retropower. Also a drivers side sill as mine has gone behind the spat/ side skirt haha. What paint is best for the axle? 

Im after a full exhaust if anyone has one? And I think I'm going to get a lsd once I get to sea more. So again if anyone has one of them to give me a shout. If not I'll get them from eBay ££££ 

• 1 year later...

evening all. just checking in. still got the manta. not done a thing since. really struggling to get motivated. don't know why but I get overwhelmed when I go near it. can you still buy repair panels on line? drivers side inner and outer sills. drivers floor. chasses rails and drivers side jacking points.