Commodore Shafts Into Manta B Axle ?

ascona400r

Hello, was wondering if it's possible to fit a Commodore 5 stud half shaft into a Manta b axle. I've been told it is possible, and that a collar has to be machined to fit onto the shaft before the Manta bearing is pressed on, though not entirely sure.

Also was wondering what the story is at the splined end that goes into the lsd unit. Is the splines the same as the Manta shaft ??? Are both shafts the same length ?? Will it work ???

Just acquired a set of 10" and 9" ronals, 5 stud, and was thinking of changing them on my car from the 4 stud setup.

Cheers Brian

Hello, was wondering if it's possible to fit a Commodore 5 stud half shaft into a Manta b axle. I've been told it is possible, and that a collar has to be machined to fit onto the shaft before the Manta bearing is pressed on, though not entirely sure.

Also was wondering what the story is at the splined end that goes into the lsd unit. Is the splines the same as the Manta shaft ??? Are both shafts the same length ?? Will it work ???

Just acquired a set of 10" and 9" ronals, 5 stud, and was thinking of changing them on my car from the 4 stud setup.

Cheers Brian

Hi, If things dont work out for you, I'd be very very interested in buying those wheels off you!

Hi, If things dont work out for you, I'd be very very interested in buying those wheels off you!

Ok, will bear that in mind but they won't be for sale anytime soon as been after a set for a long time...

Anyone else know more about the half shaft situation.......

Ok, will bear that in mind but they won't be for sale anytime soon as been after a set for a long time...

Anyone else know more about the half shaft situation.......

As far as I know the Halfshafts should fit alright,but there is something about having to machine a bit to fit the Manta Bearings.

I'm also interested in some 9" and 10" 5 Stud Rims.

I do have 2 sets of 7"x15" 5 stud Ronals if anyone would like to Swap for narrower ones.;)

Are the Commodore shafts hard to come by.?

I think spewey turned down the bearing outer race, I wasn't a fan of that (sorry) so sleeve sounds better.

Shafts are a little longer.

However, seeing as carlton drums re-drilled fit Royale axle, how about trying the shafts in an old Carlton axle and stealing the 5 link?