Cih Camshaft Cover Plates As Opel Should Have Made

opel2000

I have up for sale 2 of these camshaft access covers for the CIH engine.

These come with 3 dome headed polished stainless steel fasteners.

Brightens the Mighty CIH up somewhat over the original nasty pressed steel piece of stuff that was glued on there.

Priced at £24.00 inc P+P

cam blanks.jpg

The next time I'm doing some profiling work I'll see if I have the time to whip the copy out for these and profile a few more out before engraving them, tbh from a business perspective I can't really charge much for these but they do take some damn time to make, hence I'll have to try and do these inbewteen similar work in order to earn a crust.

In short, Manta again, yes there'll be a few more but not right now i'm afraid.

Oh Heck! best knock a few of these up then and I'll put them on DEFO jobs to do then, as long as interest is shown it doesn't matter if they sit on the shelf for a while, it's only a prob if they sit on the shelf for Years.

Many thanks Fella's :thumbup

Hi Clive, I'm assuming it's for this bit....

engine.jpg

If so and you do a Vauxhall one, or even a plain one, book me in please.

Thanks sam.

Sorry Lundgren_85, I nicked a bit of your piccy, hope you don't mind. :thumbup

Edited by plumster

Hi Clive, I'm assuming it's for this bit....

If so and you do a Vauxhall one, or even a plain one, book me in please.

Thanks sam.

Close but no cigar , its from the spark plug side on the head :thumbup

Thanks for helping me out there Pat. TBH the only reason I've not took up the traders account on this and another forum yet is only due to the fact I currently don't have time to deal with a lot of potential questions. Only just struck me that if things carry on as they currently are there could be a full time job for someone there.

Sam mate. if you want one of these I'm assuming you would wan one with the griffen on? unforyunately this would cost a bit more than the simple Opel Blitz, what I have been doing on a lot of Vauxhall stuff is engraving just a bit of the Griffen, in fact just like Vauxhall now do with their new logo, I reckon they got the idea after seeing sone of my work.

Drop me a pm mate if this is what you require :thumbup

Got to get out and off to work here, but ..... If anyone else is interested in these please let me know asap.

I plan to be making some of these up some time this week if all goes well, but due to being busy I won't be making any spare items up only the ones that have been specifically asked for, so if anyone else wants one then now would possibly be a very good time to let me know.

Will be contacting everyone interested in these this evening.

Many thanks.

Clive

Edited by opel2000

Hoping to start another batch of these on Friday this week.

I have just PM'd everyone that has shown interest, and work will start as soon as all payments are received.

If anyone else is interested then post up here asap as it may well be a few mopnths before I'll be getting round to doing these again.

Many thanks peoples for your interest, if things carry on like this I'll have to take out the traders account as it'll save my typing and PM's no end.

Hey Mad Dog, many thanks for comments, very much appreciated.

Now for the people that have paid for these particular items, thank you very much, work started on them on Friday as promised and if all goes well shall be finished off today, apart from letting the paint harden up over night.

For those that shown interest but have not paid then I'm afraid it is simply too late as I have a lot of other work to get on with, and simply cannot afford the time to set up again on these for a while to come.

Many thanks people :thumbup

Arrived today, thanks Clive, as usual top notch stuff.

Now then, took thowd un off & bugger me there's a piggin gasket, where can I get one of these gaskets?

Or will wellseal do the job?

What do you guys think, with it not being under pressure I am hoping I don't have to try & source the gasket.

Cheers Sam.

Sorry Sam, I should have made that clear.

Any instant gasket type silicon will be good enough to seal this up nice and leak free. I don't know wellseal, but it sounds like the sort of stuff that will do the job. :thumbup

Edited by opel2000