Hatch Tailgate Struts

discodas

Hi there, I think you will find these fairly easily if you visit your local motor spares suppliers. If you take one of the originals, they will most likely order it for you.

The make is STABILUS. 'LIFTOMAT' Part No. 9642BK 030N 264/03 K00 ( these are the numbers printed on the part ) fitted on my Cav. Mk1 sportshatch.

There is also a website written on the strut. www.. stabilus.com I have not tried the site but this firm make struts for other makes too.

Best of luck.

Edited by Copper3T

Hi there, I think you will find these fairly easily if you visit your local motor spares suppliers. If you take one of the originals, they will most likely order it for you.

The make is STABILUS. 'LIFTOMAT' Part No. 9642BK 030N 264/03 K00 ( these are the numbers printed on the part ) fitted on my Cav. Mk1 sportshatch.

There is also a website written on the strut. www.. stabilus.com I have not tried the site but this firm make struts for other makes too.

Best of luck.

9642BK is the STABILUS part number,these are made by SACHS/BOGE,they do make struts for the OEM.(original equipment market)The 030N is the pressure within the unit (30 Newtons)I can still get the tailgate struts brand new for the hatch (not in Stabilus though)if you have no luck or struggle to get them,just give me a kick and i'll sort you out.Cheers :thumbup

Have sourced through my local GM parts department, some boge units £15 each bargin:)) who's a happy bunny

Where is your local GM parts department please?

Mine are OK when the sun is out, but fail when it is cold (which is most of the time!)

Where is your local GM parts department please?

Mine are OK when the sun is out, but fail when it is cold (which is most of the time!)

Slaters colwyn bay sent me over to CES in Junction, they get older parts from hear to.

Also partco in the Junction have them for £20 plus vat each

Cheers

Disco