My Te

Manta again

After a couple of months searching for a base vehicle for my TE replica I managed to buy this :D

TE1.jpg

TE2.jpg

TE6.jpg

TE3.jpg

TE5.jpg

and whilst I was out on a 7 hour round trip to pick her up I picked up the engine for her.

TE8.jpg

Yes I decided to go the tried and tested route of XE power after having read various threads on her about using a straight six so it will be a visual replica rather than a copy. The one major component I'm missing is the body kit which I need to get ordered asap. the other key item I'm missing is 1.8 gearbox oh and some engine mounts.

The parts list I'm sure will grow once I've stripped her down. But for now I'm one happy but tired chap. I have promised to finish Eileens A before starting this one. So the next update maybe a while coming.

Thanks Rayman. She is quite solid in places ie chassis rails and sills but the passenger door is knackered. I'm going to use panels from my track car on her. But I guess I wont know the whole truth for a while until she is stripped down.

Have you got the top coat on your car yet, look forward to seeing it.

I was watching this also and thought it was a very good car, loads of promise.

Didn't buy it myself as im a stingy sod and am overloaded with 2 cars so 3 would just be fatal.

Pleased you've got good plans for it. Look forward to seeing it coming on in the passing weeks least until you get bored with it. Which is what i usually do!

Thanks Rayman. She is quite solid in places ie chassis rails and sills but the passenger door is knackered. I'm going to use panels from my track car on her. But I guess I wont know the whole truth for a while until she is stripped down.

Have you got the top coat on your car yet, look forward to seeing it.

Just managed to get the underneath of bonnet and boot,engine bay and boot area in the candy but had a small reaction in the engine bay so debating how to go about a fix as you cant just blow it in :(.Look forward to seeing your project going forward :thumbup

• 1 month later...

Whilst I haven't been able to get started on the strip down yet, because Eileens car is occupying the garage I have been collecting parts :thumbup . Tried starting her but the electrical system is in disarray and nothing was getting through to the starter motor, add that job to the list of things to do :blink: . Got very excited on sunday as the guy making the TE kit in Germany said it is ready for collection and this was the one main part i didn't have yet :D Drew is very kindly looking into collecting the kit for me so I could have it home in less than two weeks :D

the parts acquired for the build so far are:

Xe engine

1.8 sump

1.8 gearbox

1.8 engine mounts

3 core rad

vented and cross drilled front disc's

pedal box with hydraulic clutch

steel torque tube back axle

rear disc axle kit

Have put off buying any repair panels until I've got her apart. Can't wait to see what the 8x16 black compomotive MO's look like under the arches ;)

If you need the TE2800 arches i can get them made here in Denmark for a good price. Can make them thin for racing spec, og thick for show. They are in fibreglass and is very good quality. Front wings complete with flares direct bolt-on and replace the original front wing, the rear wings need to be rivited or glued on the body.thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Today was a good day Santa came early, or at least Drew did (thanks very much). The main part for the TE replica arrived today all the way from Germany.

IMAG0171.jpg

I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself as I just want to try the wings on and see how she looks. I'll just have to finish Eileens A before I get to play.

The kit looks to be OK with some fettling required here and there. Its a pain that all you Manta body experts are so far away would consider getting it professionaly fitted, just don't want to make a fist of it as I'm only going to do this once.

Oh that looks nice thumbsup.gif

Regarding fitment the only parts i can see that need some feddling with are the rear extentions. My best advice is to line them up with tape and make all the changes needed to the inner and outer arch. Then put some guide tools on the car so that you can fit them exactly after removing them. Use sikaflex or another superglue component and glue those things on there. Rivets are ok, but will require alot of work with filler, and the car won´t look as sharp with 10kg of filler on each side :)

The kit we have on my brothers track Manta A are just rivited on, as this car is for race only.

Edited by monzta