Fuel Pump Relay

Roy

Hi, not sure if this is the same as a manta one but I'm running a 2.2 Carlton injection system on my manta and I think the relay has gone. She won't start and the pump does not do its little squirt when the ignition goes on.

I tested the power to the pump and the pump itself which seem fine so it must be the relay. Has anyone got one?

Drop me a PM please

thanks

Roy

Hi, not sure if this is the same as a manta one but I'm running a 2.2 Carlton injection system on my manta and I think the relay has gone. She won't start and the pump does not do its little squirt when the ignition goes on.

I tested the power to the pump and the pump itself which seem fine so it must be the relay. Has anyone got one?

Drop me a PM please

thanks

Roy

Before you do that, have you tried bridging fuse number 7? I did that mistake & sent the relay I just bought back to a shop in cornwall. GM6 spares or something like that. Try him if all fails. I found him on flea bay & should come up if you google it maybe?

Hi mate you could try wiriing it direct as a temp measure?bridge across terminals. if you cant get a relay from your local breakers try an omega fuel relay which is fitted under a large cover near the battery

Edited by cop

Hi mate you could try wiriing it direct as a temp measure?bridge across terminals. if you cant get a relay from your local breakers try an omega fuel relay which is fitted under a large cover near the battery

Hi, i tried wiring in a switch but it just floods the engine no matter how careful I try and be. I have a GTE buried in another lockup I'll see if that relay is the same, if not I'll be hunting another.

Looked at GM6 spares in the past, he'd probably want £100 for a second hand one!

Thanks for the suggestions though :thumbup

Well my exclusive had a siemens version which fits and the car now runs. I still need one though!

I also found this on the internet which has all the same pin numbers.. Might be useful..toolboxshop quoting £34 plus vat

0-723-42, Durite fuel pump relay

Fuel pump relay replacement type for Lucas, Citroen and Cartier styles,

Terminals: seven terminal type,

With fixing bracket,

Sold in single packs,

Quality replacement for:

Lucas: FDB506,

Citroen: 91541882, 1452 05, 145205,

Cartier: 02474,

Valeo: 2474.