Underseal

matt24680

Hi guys i was just wandering when the time comes to underseal the car what should i use? I was thinking stonechip and then brush over hammerite smooth black would this be ok as i want it fairly shiney? I have painted the wishbones in epoxy mastic 121 and its great stuff just cant see me using it on the whole underneath of the car as i dont really have enough and its not that shiney. Also would it be ok to cover the inner wings in stonechip and then hammerite aswell at the same time i want it to be fairly shiney but not rust easy?

I painted the bottom of my Manta with International gloss black. To get the thickest coat possible I poured the paint in the schutz gun and sprayed it on, didn't bother thinning it and had the compressor pressure right up. Do it a couple of times and it'll seal up with a high gloss to repel the water.

Downside is it makes a hell of a mess, paint dripping in your hair and down your face but looks great when it's all done :thumbup

Cheers, Peter.

everyone will no doubt have there own different way of doing this & what to use.PERSONALLY ! on mine i have used epoxy on suspension arms etc after being in a deox bath.& i have used epoxy on underside repairs as the first coat onto any bare or new metal followed by rubbercoat allover a week later followed by a spray of supatrol all over. that epoxy mastic stuff is absolutely brilliant stuff as you have no doubt found out.wish id discovered deox c & epoxy years ago !! like i said thou this is only my opinion .what you dont want to do thou is spray any hard coating over any soft coatings,such as ive heard people doing in the past ,like spraying gloss paint on top of waxoyl or the like.