South East Meet

gt/e paul

hi all im trying to generate some interest for a south east meet , ive spoken to val ,south east area rep and she has suggesed a meet out towards burnham on crouch . so far i have e mailed a couple of local members that i have details for and am just waiting for a response . thought it would be nice as the weather good at the moment to do somthing either next sun or bank hol monday which ever suits people best.

best wishes paul

Hi Paul, just got your email mate and seen your thread. It would be nice to meet up, and sad that Val is thinking of selling her Manta. Unfortunately mine is not on the road at the moment, due to expired MOT, suspension work required and no money to tax it! However, sure can pop along if people want to meet out my way and say hi to all and catch up in my Cougar or something.

Not knowing what the weather will do, but the Three Horseshoes at Althorne is a nice pub apparently that can serve food too if required, nice car park out front and nice gardens if this weather holds, which I'm not sure it will for another week. If you're thinking of Mayday bank holiday Monday, I have no plans at the mo, so can suggest then?

Dave

PS: Paul, I have new front shocks, springs and track rod ends to go on, how easy a job is it to change these all in one go mate?

hi,dave yes that sounds brilliant idea so the three horseshoes at althorne on bank hol mon it is then.

is it easy to get to ? i do seem to remember passing there ages ago im sure i will find it i shall pass on the details to val .

i can be flexible with meeting times ect so shall we meet from say 12.30 - 1pm .

regarding changing those bits and pieces dave its not to bad a job and can be done with a basic toolkit i can always give you a hand if you want no worries.

regards paul

hi,dave yes that sounds brilliant idea so the three horseshoes at althorne on bank hol mon it is then.

is it easy to get to ? i do seem to remember passing there ages ago im sure i will find it i shall pass on the details to val .

i can be flexible with meeting times ect so shall we meet from say 12.30 - 1pm .

regarding changing those bits and pieces dave its not to bad a job and can be done with a basic toolkit i can always give you a hand if you want no worries.

regards paul

just looked this up for those of you wishing to join us the address is three horseshoes burnham road althorne, chelmsford cm3 6dp

regards paul

Excellent, thanks for sorting this Paul. I will be there 12.30pm or just after on Bank Holiday Monday. As I said, real pity I can't bring the Manta, but a little risky with no tax or MOT, even if it is only 2 miles up the road on back country roads. What you reckon??

The Threee Horseshoes is really easy to get to. Come off the Rettendon Turnpike and head for South Woodham Ferrers. Go straight over the 1st 2 roundabouts, and at the 3rd roundabout bear left and follow signs for Burnham on Crouch (I think it's the B1010, but possibly the B1018), literally stay on this road until you come into Althorne. You go straight past the T junction where Ford Coaches is on your right and the pub is about 400 yds further on the left hand side, just before you come to a sharp right hander. See you there mate. Barry joining you?

As for helping me with the Manta sometime, would be a huge help thanks Paul. Have the tools, maybe just lacking the confidence a little!!

Cheers,

Dave

Will be great to catch up.

yes i thought it rang a bell, i remember now you said ford coaches! yes im looking forward to it but i doubt id chance taking the manta out especially if your luck is like mine and get caught.

hoefully val is coming and richard and david from romford i got in touch with tony david and he said he will make every effort to come

and of course anybody else that fancys joining us.

take care and i shall see you then

About this meet folks. The Three Horseshoes in Althorne is not open Mondays!! Just found out today. As I came past it there was a sign up stating that they are open all day Thurs thru to Sunday over this bank holiday weekend, but not Monday.

So, any other suggestions on pubs where to meet? The only other one out this way I could come up with is The Huntsman & Hounds just outside Althorne. You head out the same way towards Burnham, but turn left opposite the Fords coaches place in Althorne and follow the road down thru Althorne towards Latchingdon. As you leave Althorne on this road where the speed limit goes from 30mph to National speed limit, take the next right into Green Lane, and the pub is immediately on your left there. Has a campsite next to it.

But any other suggestions, maybe post on here and let Paul know.

Cheers,

Dave

thanks for that dave,i have sent e mails to richard, tony and val letting them know there is now a change of plan.

just to make it official if anybody from here was thinking of joining us we are now meeting at the dick turpin on the southend bound carriageway of the a 127 its dead easy to find ,has a large car park and they serve food there.

have met here before and is popular place for car clubs to hold meetings planning on meeting bank hol mon from 12.30-1pm

paul

Edited by gt/e paul

Just to let anyone know who is heading down to the Dick Turpin this pm, don't get confused, but there is also an afternoon classic car meet at Porky's Diner which is just before the Dick Turpin, so expect to see some classic car company if you are driving down the A127 to this circa 12.30 - 1pm!!

Have a nice afternoon all. I am going to try to get down at some point, but will be a little later. Paul I will give you a call first to see how it's going. If I don't make it, I wish Val all the very best.

Dave

Sorry I didn't make this in the end, was hoping too. I did sell my Cougar so that was an upside of not making it down there. Was there much of a turnout Paul? Any pics mate? Happy to consider another time sometime soon, just one too many things going on yesterday to get out all the way down there.

Dave

th_DSCF0289.jpgDSCF0290.jpgDSCF0289.jpg

hi,dave no worries for not being able to come we shall have to arrange some more meets.

val came down in her coupe,and david and richard from romford came too. barry was able to join us on his way home from work.

weather was great so that was an added bonus.dave maybe you are going to battlesbridge on sunday ? im thinking of having a drive there just to look as i tend not to enter in the may show as the weather can be unpredictable.hope to see you there

paul

Hi Paul, I won't be making Battlesbridge this year as no car on the road, and I'm not paying their prices for public entry!! First time in 4 years I've not been showing there, so a bit gutted. Hard to know what the weathers going to do, last year it was wet first thing then stopped, but was cold. The previous 2 years to that it was hot and dry both times, so is normally good mate. Have a good day if you go. Got talking to a guy on Old Classic Cars forum who is going in his Orange A series Ascona, that looks mint in the pics, so look out for that one there.

Hope you have a good day mate, catch up with you soon.

Dave