Lotus Carlton Est 2.5 V6

mantaray

Vauxhall Carlton CDX Est. 2.5 V6

It is with reluctance that I am selling my Vauxhall Carlton. It is a 1992/93 model. (J Reg.)

I have owned this car since 1994, and must say it has been a great car to own, I will miss it but the time has come to hopefully pass it on to someone new who can keep looking after it as I have done over the past 16 years.

The car body is solid after undergoing a restoration 3 years ago, rear arches and sills are rot free The underside has been recently under sealed and is in excellent condition and should give no problems for a few years yet.

Mechanically as far as I know there are no problems, it past the MOT last September with no advisories. It has 4 good tyres and had new track rods fitted last year along with both front lower wish bones.

The engine conversion was carried out 3 years ago, and is from a 2.5 V6 Vectra. The Vectra ECU and engine loom were used so it can be plugged into diagnostic equipment and read using the Vectra settings. The engine has had the EGR removed and 4 G cams fitted, but other than that it is original spec. I have covered over 20000 mile since doing the conversion with no problems.

Many modifications and changes have been carried out over the years making this car a one off, including:

Lotus Carlton body kit, modified to fit an Est.

18” Alloys

Leather seats ( from Carlton Diamond)

Custom door cards

Wooden Steering wheel

Full Stainless Steel Exhaust

GSI front struts

New petrol tank fitted 2 years ago.

Tow bar with twin Electrics.

The car was originally a CDX and comes with all the normal extras:

Power steering

ABS

Leather heated seats (front only)

Electric windows x4

Electric mirrors

Electric tilt/slide sunroof

Load cover

Headlight wash

Sony tape/radio and 10 disc CD changer

Genuine Vauxhall dog guard

Tinted rear lights

A few bad points:

• Cruse control does not work, it gave up before the engine conversion and I’ve never bothered looking at it. (spare ECU included in sale)

• Trip comp. does not work for instantaneous/average fuel or Range. There is a feed missing somewhere, but once again I have never bothered to try and fix it.

• Body work has some minor scuffs and marks.

• There is a small tear in side bolster of the drivers seat.

Over all this is a tidy car that will stand out from the crowd and as far as I know is the only Carlton in the UK with the V6 engine fitted, thus making it a very unique car.

The private plate has been transferred and is no longer on the car, but the original reg. J918SNA has been transferred back to the car. I am still waiting for the V5 to be returned by VOSA after the reg. transfer but the other documents are present along with some past MOTs and Tax discs.

MOT till 2nd September 2011, currently on sorn.

£850 ono

Cash on collection from Coventry. Viewing welcome, I work from home, so am around most of the time.

Email me on: Chris at mantacentral.co.uk

0063.jpg

0064.jpg

0065.jpg

0067.jpg

0068.jpg

0069.jpg

0093.jpg

0094.jpg

0095.jpg

0096.jpg

0097.jpg

steveopel: Sorry no don't need diff any more.

It is a lot of motor but Carltons don't fetch alot now a days, and I am selling to a small market. I've set the price at what I think is attenable, if it don't sell then I'll brake it as it's worth more in parts than compleat.

Make it green and a Lotus Carlton owner will want it for the daily drive and service barge.......... in fact have you thought about putting it on a Carlton or Lotus Carlton forum too? Might have a niche market on one

Good luck, looks a lot of car for the money, even just for the engine!

• 4 months later...